Big help Needed with HD pls !!!

CHRIS7509

Solid State Member
Hi, I need help with my HD, well i was using this WD 80g as a single drive for my pc ( with windows xp some programs and docs ) it started to get full and slow was planning on save my work and reformat it.

I had another brand new drive 150g that I switched over this 80g and installed new windows and everything again. after this I updated windows and Norton 2009 so I am protected.

The new drive was on pc and old one was outside, I was planning to access it through a USB connector, I scanned the 80g, cleaned a couple of Trojans then proceed to save my documents, I was able to save half of my documents when the whole comp shot down, I was able to see a blue screen with some white letter all over the screen like for 1/8 of a sec and it just went off like if I just hit the reset switch, it did this like three more times when I was trying to go to my documents ( on the 80g HD ) so I can keep saving them, then at the end I was just no able to access the HD at all, It says it can read it,

When I connect this with the USB it's recognize by windows but can't access it, and on properties it say FILE SYSTEM : RAW this is where it should read FAT32 or NTFS so seems like the main partition has been damaged.

IS THERE anyway I can fix this so I can keep saving my files ?

What I did after : put this bad HD as a single one back on pc, it starts I get the windows loading screen but then shots down again , so I can't boot from it.
Then I set up the windows disk to try to reinstall windows but it tells me drive its full or need to be partitioned so only option is format drive before install but that will erase my docs.

So I am left with a drive that all of the sudden it's RAW , can't access it and has some of my files.

How do I make it to work again? Is there a way to recover my data after a quick reformat? I do have the option for format my drive again ( in windows ) but this will wipe out the info, I think there was something like that in DOS.

Thanks for your help !

Any question pls just say, both drive are WD, SATA, running XP home ...

I'm gonna say that your drive may have died. You can try putting it in your pc as a slave instead of using a usb connection and see if you can access it though.

Well thanks anyway I had to find help on my own.

My HD suddenly went from NTFS to RAW so nothing known could access it, the few windows programs would want to partition/format it first but that would have wipe out my files.
But then I found a couple of two programs that were made just for this, it scanned my HD like for an hour but at the end I was able to see my files and save them back on my new HD, those programs work in a similar way that they don't fix the HD partition but rather are able to read the HD even on a RAW one. I now have my files back I am just going to check the files again to see if everything is correct and then I'd reformat that bad drive.

Back
Top Bottom