Unknown Creatures.

religious folks say that 2012 is the end of the world

would suck yes lol.

but i think its just a fake.

Maya calendar ending? what?
numbers dont have an end...
so how could a calendar? lol

right, i dont agree with it either.
though i dont think we will ever really know honestly...

Agreed, makes me wonder though.
Just some thoughts:

What if there is a god. Just what we live in is just his game that he plays with other "gods"?

Thus the big band theory from where our sun came from (I seen one video saying our sun could have come from another sun explosion) another sun that was part of another gods "game".

Now some people will say.. "But it doesn't say this in the bible". I say, very true.
But, would our "instruction book" include instructions to a different game?

I don't know.. Just some crazy thoughts I have thought before.

idk, thats pretty interesting there Vamp.

thoughcrackforums.net, you really should just google what solar winds are. im sure your capable. lol

i too have thought about this and
the way the bible puts it the devil and god
kinda do play chess they have thier own form of check mate
the game is played by faith more or less
if one has faith god wins
if not the devil wins
hince why technology helps the devil
technology shows if u cant prove it it doesnt exist
john may believe in god and science but joe reads johns proof of whatever and questions his faith
there are many things that make people question things but science is the bigger of them
but lets all remeber the devil was a angel
god was always god
lets try to change subjects
i think this will lead in wronge direction

isnt nesse in brazil?

thanx sniper lol
captain obvious i just figgured u could answer faster than i could read up on it by the time i read what u said i had already googled it

i believe the lochness could be real its a dino right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4zgJXPpI4&feature=player_embedded

and if you don't feel like watching the video

lammmm1.jpg

and if you don't know what laminin is, it's what holds our bodies together...

I don't find that very convincing. That has been around way before the cross was related to in a religious way. Does that mean that my body is held together with Swastika shaped cells because my family is Hindu? I didn't think so. I have a question for you. Do you believe in Allah and Buddha?

That's actually quite a loose definition of proof - it's still a theory, just a widely accepted one (a bit like the big bang theory for instance.) Evolution or no evolution though - how does that prove or disprove God created everything? I know of many that hold the view that God has created us through evolution, and that's a perfectly legitimate argument.

...and one of those writings is scripture itself - at least the old testament.

Too bad that evolution goes against Christian belief. The Bible clearly states that everything was created in 6 days and the 7th day was spent resting. The public school system has to stop teaching evolution to kids because it went against the word of "god.' Evolution shows that things took way more than 6,000 years to fully develop and adapt to their surroundings. Carbon dating is a proven scientific method to date items.

If you're dismissing the idea that God created everything on the basis that matter can't be created, then I'm afraid you'd have to dismiss the big bang theory as well! Again, I know of many Christians that believe and accept the big bang theory - heck if God created space itself with a huge explosion that's fine by me!

Back to the Bible saying that he created everything with his hands in the shape of him.

To put things in perspective a bit - imagine the following situation. I invite you round my house for a party, and upon entering you notice a fabulous model of the solar system, intricately designed and set in motion by a bewildering array of mechanics. On seeing this model, you remark "wow! that's an amazing model! Do tell me, who created it?" I simply reply - no-one. It arrived here by pure coincidence, these clumps of metal just fused together at random and came up with this structure!"

Horrible situation again. If I switched spots with you, I could say something entirely different.

You: "How did you do it?"
Me: "Well, I took nothing and I magically formed all of the parts out of thin air. I didn't need any tools or supplies. I just thought about it and it all formed together. Best part of all. I did it in the dark!"

...of course, you wouldn't believe me. BUT take a step back for a minute. The universe we're in is ridiculously intricately designed - the chance that it was created to support, sustain and create life for millions of years at random is too small to consider - it's about the same chance of a tornado going through a scrapheap and turning out a jetfighter.

Not really. The chances are actually extremely likely. The universe isn't a "planned" design. It's nothing but an extremely violent place. The Earth was a lot different than what it is now. But, due to evolution we have learned to adapt to our surroundings and have developed a tolerance for it.

That, to me, just doesn't add up - and is one example of science not making too much sense.

There a couple of things about science which I like. Things actually have a chance to be proven. People question what is told to them. There is a constant struggle to find the answer. We aren't repeating what was told to us thousands of years ago in an ever-changing world.

:eek: my bad thought it was in south america id love to go check this thing out for real i watched documentary on it years ago and it was crunk i think its a flippered dino
flippered as in has flippers lol
i believe it is very possible that its real
i hope it is id love to see it

rohan
wth man read the entire convo me and sniper had if u dont get bored of then subject be my guest continue it
but i mean it goes round and round in circles no point at all big bang no one knows where the black hole or what ever came from only know that it existed and still exist

god made the everything know one knows how he just did
so what is left to talk about
trying to start a feud?

Again, just to clear things up, I enjoy debating about these sorts of things and don't intend to start arguments, be offensive or anything like that to anyone. I think it's good practice to take a step back, look and check what others think :)

But a genuine, general question to lots arguing against Christianity in this thread, have you all taken a step back and just read through the Bible or just a Gospel or two? And not just skim read, really tried to get into the meaning of what it's saying. So many people I talk to like to shout it down without ever having looked at things properly.

I don't find that very convincing. That has been around way before the cross was related to in a religious way. Does that mean that my body is held together with Swastika shaped cells because my family is Hindu? I didn't think so. I have a question for you. Do you believe in Allah and Buddha?
Starting off with an agreement - I have to say I'm not particularly convinced by the lamanin point either. It's a really interesting point, just not brilliantly convincing. Sure, it could be used perfectly well as a Christian analogy without relating to anything scientific and I'm sure it has been used as such successfully in the past - but it doesn't really prove anything. That said I think the argument was that everyone's bodies are made up of this stuff and so Christianity, Jesus and the cross is something that applies to everyone and always has done - so no, by that line it wouldn't differ depending on beliefs! Not that the question was directed at me but in case you might go somewhere with it anyway: no. I don't believe in Allah / Buddha.

Too bad that evolution goes against Christian belief. The Bible clearly states that everything was created in 6 days and the 7th day was spent resting. The public school system has to stop teaching evolution to kids because it went against the word of "god.' Evolution shows that things took way more than 6,000 years to fully develop and adapt to their surroundings. Carbon dating is a proven scientific method to date items.
Incorrect. It's true that the theory of evolution goes against the literal word of Genesis if you treat Genesis like a science textbook. But Genesis wasn't written as a science textbook, just as a science textbook wasn't written as a Charles Dickens novel. It's all about reading things in context. Genesis was written to bring God's chosen people closer to him, and if you read through the book in that regard you'll start to see it as a story of God's relationship with mankind rather than a scientific textbook on how the earth was formed.

Back to the Bible saying that he created everything with his hands in the shape of him.
Back to God being able to use his hands in any way to create everything he wants! And the Bible doesn't say he created everything in the shape of him, it says he created man in his image. Subtle but big difference there.

Horrible situation again. If I switched spots with you, I could say something entirely different.

You: "How did you do it?"
Me: "Well, I took nothing and I magically formed all of the parts out of thin air. I didn't need any tools or supplies. I just thought about it and it all formed together. Best part of all. I did it in the dark!"
Big flaw with that turn around. Of course that seems ridiculous, because I'm not an all powerful being!

Not really. The chances are actually extremely likely. The universe isn't a "planned" design. It's nothing but an extremely violent place. The Earth was a lot different than what it is now. But, due to evolution we have learned to adapt to our surroundings and have developed a tolerance for it.
Your argument here seems a bit confused - and I'd suggest you check facts from a scientific perspective on this one. Some of the best scientists out there at the moment are trying to work out how on earth (pun fully intended :p) life came to this planet because the odds are so ridiculously small just taking into account current and accepted theories. If the universe is nothing but an extremely violent, random, unplanned place then how does that make the chance of intelligent life extremely likely?

There a couple of things about science which I like. Things actually have a chance to be proven. People question what is told to them. There is a constant struggle to find the answer. We aren't repeating what was told to us thousands of years ago in an ever-changing world.
Again, it seems to be a common misconception that all Christians just take what's said to them without checking anything, blindly accepting what they're told and proclaiming it without having an ounce of reasoning to back it up. Not the case - I and most other Christians I know will go away and check (pretty thoroughly) something we're told if we think it's a bit unlikely. As for repeating scripture from thousands of years ago in an ever changing world, it personally fascinates and gets me every time that despite this text being thousands of years old - it's still relevant and amazing today.

Back
Top Bottom