Back to XP

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
I've been back on XP for a few hours now and I already wonder "Why did I ever go to Vista in the first place?"

At first, I really liked Vista. In fact, I was one of the first people in my area to "downgrade" to Vista from XP. Then here I am years later saying "Screw you Microsoft, why did you remove features that every OS had before Vista and add new features that no one wanted?"

Example: When you click on a program, it should run. It shouldn't have to ask you several times if you want to run it or not. I know you can disable that in Vista, but it is still a pain. Or how about horizontal span mode for dual or triple monitors? That was specifically removed from Vista AND 7 because of some DRM bullcrap. You really shouldn't have to buy a dualhead2go or a triplehead2go to enjoy multi-screen gaming if you have a graphics card that supports it.

Oh well. If you like Vista, then by all means, keep it. I'll stick with XP for now.

/rant.

Well I know I like the ability to search all my directories right from the main menu in Vista. You counter your point about the UAC by being able to disable it. It takes 30 seconds if that to disable then you never have to worry about that again. As for the horizontal span you can play games with multiple monitors setup. I know because I've played World in Conflict in span mode across both monitors without needing to buy additional software.

That's always going to be the nature of software. They will always do things to improve it and add features and remove support for some features. It makes sense to switch to a operating system that does what you need it to do though.

The only time I've ran into a problem was running some virtual software in Vista Ultimate 64bit. I had to boot back into XP to run the virtual software. It must have been some type of linux issue because all the other virtual software I've run has given me no problems in Vista. I guess I'm like you though because I will still keep XP on one of my hard drives. That's the only issue I've run into lately and the only time I've booted into XP in the last year.

I'd take 7 over Vista or XP anyday.

It's actually good. I don't get a lot of opportunities to say that about Microsoft products.

I'm glad I made the switch over to OS X. So much better than Windows. This Macbook actually restored my faith in laptops.

I used Xp for some 8 years.
I used Vista for like a week or two until my upgrade to 7 came.
Now I'm on 7!
I luv the shaking feature, not practical but just so cool!!

I'm glad I made the switch over to OS X. So much better than Windows. This Macbook actually restored my faith in laptops.

That's what I'm using now mainly at home. I got a Apple Wireless Keyboard & Magic mouse and added a mini display port to DVI adapter so I could use my 22" monitor at home. I must say it's pretty slick to be able to shut my laptop and have my main dock go right to my desktop monitor. I'm getting more and more acquainted with the Mac OSX.

I wouldn't have minded a Macbook before they switched to non-user removable batteries.

Back
Top Bottom