Blue screen error

ledman5555

Beta member
I get sudden blue screens with memory dumps then reboot. I been trying to figure out why.I think it has something to do with my onboard sound. i just formated and installed drivers. everything worked great. then when i went to youtube and clicked play on a video, Boom, It happened. bsod before right before sound played. I saw the video for a split second(before i clicked it) then as soon as i clicked the play button, it blue screened. Im pretty sure it has something to do with the audio. im 100% certain i have the correct drivers. ac97 realtek onboard audio. After it reboots, my device is nowhere to be found. not even in device manager. So i disable it in bios get into windows, then reboot and enable, To try to refresh it. Still doesnt popup, This is very strange. After i get a blue screen, my sound never comes back(sometimes it comes back after repeating the disabling and enabling and rebooting over and over) This seems very strange. I have never had this problem until just recently after installing this program that was a voice changer program. After i installed the voice changer program i lost my audio device and it put a completely different odd one there. So i formated. after i formated and everything worked fine i even played music and what not, no problems. It did it as soon as i tried to play a video from youtube. I dont think my memory is bad, and i dont think its the motherboard, But it might.

I also cant install chipset drivers because stupid asus dont have windows 7 chipset drivers. But i never had a problem with windows 7 chipset drivers anyway.

i have an asus a8n sli motherboard
ddr400 4 gigs of ocz (currently only have 1 stick in for troubleshooting)
gtx260 nvidia
dual 2.6ghz amd
plenty of power (psu 700w)

any advice would be greatly apreciated. I also tried all 4 sticks of my memory and still will eventually run into problems. so i dont think its the memory. im running the memmory at stock timings 5322 at 2.8v.

the weird part is i never had this problem in the 5months i had this pc, until that day i installed the voice changer program, tahts when everything went out of wack. This is the reason why i have a feeling its more software related, But then again i formated and i still have problems. Im exhausted!!!!!!!!!

You say ddr400 ram is that as in 400mhz or what? If so why such bad ram?

yes ddr400 is pc3200...why such bad ram??? its just the old school ddr400? how does a comment like that help me any?

i can run the new modern warfare 2 fully maxed, 16x16x at 1600x1200, with this ddr400 and my gtx260...

Yes well gaming like that more applies to your cpu and graphics card. Well you have a nice card so I assume a nice cpu to comment it. But you have bad ram that could have burned out or gone bad. That's what I was getting at.

Back
Top Bottom