H.F.
3,000 kHz to 30,000 kHz

And Radio Line Of Site Bands are.
V.H.F
30,000 kHz to 300,000 kHz
U.H.F
300,000 kHz to 3,000,000 kHz

Then what Bands are Ground Waves????

There are truckloads of ham forums that are better suited to answer that question. Google is your friend.

And you told me what Bands are for Skywave and Line of Site but not for Groundwave???

LINE OF SITE IS GROUND WAVES

line of site travels from one antenna to another as long as they are in sight of each other

ground waves travel along the ground from one antenna to another as long as they are in 'sight' though lower frequecys tend to be more 'ground' waves because they 'hug' the ground better

(you do realize that just because it says line of site, doesn't really mean that you can see it yourself. i can be 150 miles away from Pittsburgh PA and still pick up 105.9Mhz on my radio and that is called line of site and ground waves, though obviously i cant really see the source antenna)

>>Note that for AM radio stations the ground wave (in light blue above) doesn't go very far. This means numerous stations can be put on the same frequency without interfering with each other — assuming they are far enough apart. (Keep in mind that this drawing can't be anywhere near close to scale and show these things.)

http://www.cybercollege.com/frtv/frtv017.htm

every time i answer your questions i feel like im doing your homework.

Well radio waves travel in 3 types.

1. sky wave this is by going up to the iononasphere.

2. line of site it goes to one ant. to onother as long as they are in site or on a plane of site.

3. ground waves go by moving along the ground.

is ground wave not a compleatly diferant radio wave then line of site

Thank you for all the help.

But everything I see about Radio Waves says that Radio Wave are made up of 3. Waves.

Sky Wave.

Line Of Site.

Ground Wave or Serface Wave.

This is why I thought Ground wave and Line Of Site Waves were two diferant waves????

But you say Line of site wave and ground wave are the same just that ground wave are lower FREQ. then ok.

But I always did want to know one thing.

Wen ground wav transmit they go along the Earth.
And if there is a Rock or something in it's path the Ground Wave will Bend around it.

So the two ends of the ground wave will get to the ANT or your Radio.

I get this but if a Ground wave Bends around Objects you can see the two ends of the Wave will get o your Radio but what about the Middel of the Wave that got held back by the Rock?????

Back
Top Bottom