wireless router dropping signal consistantly

jenivive21

Beta member
hi all my name is jenivive and i have a belkin g router that CONSISTENTLY drops the signal.

i have changed my cordless phone its a vtech with dect 6.0 that's not supposed to interfere, reset the router over and over, unplugged it, changed the channell over and over and it still doesn't keep the signal. this has been going on since i bought it earlier on this year.

the lights are on, indicating that the wireless is on, the modem is connected, and the internet is on and i really can't understand why it keeps dropping the signal. can anyone help with this?

thanks so much your assistance is greatly appreciated, this is really frustrating.

Have you thought that maybe it's the PC that is the issue? Do you have another laptop (friend or family member's) that you could see if it has the same problem.

Also, how far away are you? Does it happen when you are all the way across the house or when you are in the same room as the router? It could be interference from things in your walls (cable lines, telephone lines, water pipes, etc, etc).

Are you using security? If so try taking that off and delete the profile in your laptop and reconnect. See if that has any effect.

okay well i changed the cordless phone cause it was a 2.4ghz ( same as router) i'm not that far away from the router, it is in one room i'm in the other right next to it, the rooms aren't that big at all so i could consider that they could almost be one room.

i changed the channel back to auto, too off the security, deleted the network, renamed it and changed the password again. so far it has been okay. hopefully this is okay, but i think i will not use belkin again, as soon as i can afford, i will be changing to a linksys, the same one my sis has, cause she has never gotten probs with hers.

thanks for the help!!!!!!!!

but i think i will not use belkin again, as soon as i can afford, i will be changing to a linksys, the same one my sis has, cause she has never gotten probs with hers.

You might be on to something. I've had lots of problems with Belkin switches dropping connection. I never tried one of their routers (learned my lesson with the switches).

Back
Top Bottom