Artifacts on text, video card underclocked?

Spartan109

Fully Optimized
i keep getting artifacts like this on text:

aftifacttext.jpg

and in the cataylyst command program it says my current core value is 300mhz, but it should be 750 at least(stock speed), so I am wondering, is my videocard underclocked somehow? I am running the latest drivers and windows is fully updated, heres a pic of the catylst program

clocksinatimanager.jpg

The cards generally down clock themselves in 2D mode, so no worries with the 300Mhz clock, to my knowledge that's fairly normal.

The artifacts certainly aren't normal though. Have you tried any other GPU's? You might have a DOA card..

well, ive had this card before i built my new system, and it worked fine with my 775 motherboard, and atitool keeps giving me a messege about a kernel not being active, ill try to find it

I've never seen artifacts caused by not having an ATI to Nvidia, ATI to Intel, Nvidia to Intel, etc. GPU to chipset mismatch, should be a non-issue.

Give the drivers a shot also might want to try running memtest.

Things can work great in a prior system but after rebuilding, the smallest amount of static electricity can fry components.

Things can work great in a prior system but after rebuilding, the smallest amount of static electricity can fry components.

Especially as cold and dry as it gets in some locations during the winter months.

I've never seen artifacts caused by not having an ATI to Nvidia, ATI to Intel, Nvidia to Intel, etc. GPU to chipset mismatch, should be a non-issue.

Give the drivers a shot also might want to try running memtest.

Especially as cold and dry as it gets in some locations during the winter months.

yea, im in canada too, so its pretty cold and dry right now

also the driver reninstall didnt work, will try running a mem test

Back
Top Bottom