I guess I don't understand Video Cards

ShaneS_009

Solid State Member
Ok I am running on board graphics right now. I just got a gift card to new egg for 25 bucks and I am trying to get the best graphics card under 50 bucks.
I have a Sempron 140 Processor that is OCed to 3.6 stable
2 gigs of ram
2 500 gig drives(doesn't really matter)
on board is the Geforce 6150se

I was looking at the Radeon 4350s and that sort, but then I cam acrossed the Geforce 7900gs

The Geforce 8400 series are not the greatest so why would the 7900 be way better?
I need to stay under 50 dollars, and I know I won't be able to play this or do that but anything is better than the on board.

can any one put me in the right direction? or explain why older cards are better than new ones?

what mobo do you have?
what expansions are available for you to add a card?
and for that price
go with an ATI
best bang for the buck kinda thing

You may want to save up to $100 and pick up a nicer card that will not disappoint.

Yeah, I figured x16 and x16 2.0 didn't make much of a difference, but is there a card under $50 dollars that can do a decent job?

Go with that 7900GS you were looking at. I'm using a 7950GT and I love it. And since there's virtually no difference between the 7950GT and the 7900GS I think that's a great option for you.

Even a 9500gt like I am using will do wonders for your system, I think that runs around $70 or so, haven't checked in quite some time.

You should choose the ATI graphic cards, They give much better performance for the money than the nvidia cards.
I believe you can get the 4550 or the 3650 under 50 $,
by the way I've had the nvidia 8400gs, it's not actually such a bad card,
It can play medium to high end games on low quality settings without lag lol.
I am not too sure about the ati in the same range but I know that for higher end graphic cards you get more for your buck with ati and I read that with lower end cards it's also like that

I will never use ATI graphics, but there are some people who prefer them.

Back
Top Bottom