Computer Overheating

Core three tends to be the hottest so that is most likely hitting 80 or so. But you should buy a new heatsink/fan combo and put that in and you should be better off than stock cooling.

I am, I ordered a Zalman Heatsink today, just wish I had AMD lol so much easier to install, it just clips on, with intel they have backplates, screws etc. What is a reasonable temperature for a case? I have the Antec 300 with 3 120mm fans, one front, one back, one top. Im running with 6GB of ram, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650, NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT, 500GB HD, Asus P5N-D Mobo and an SB X-Fi Extreme Gamer Fatality Pro sound card.

We have a very similar set up and my normal temp varies from 39-53. Depending on temperature outside and what not. Ya I hate putting intel heatsinks on with the backplate and having to take out the mobo, but it's worth it. I guess just not really use your computer and save the wear on it since the temps are so high right now. Just wait for the heatsink to get here and install that and make sure you have the fans blowing the right way. You want to have constant flow through the case and one or two pulling air out to make the flow. When done correctly makes a huge difference.

I had these same exact problems with my first build. I bought a cheap case with no flow and had like all my cores in 80 then it would crash.

Well the fan in the front of the case sucks in air, thus creating a nice wall of dust on the inside of the front panel that I need to clean regularly, especially because I have a dog :) I have a fan on the top sucking out, and a fan in the back sucking out, as the PSU blows out. I was thinking about getting another 120mm fan in the front of the PC to suck in as well.

Sounds good so far and I have a dog too so I bought filters for my fans.This And I have two 120mm side fans sucking, a 120mm in the front a 200mm on top blowing out and another 120mm in the back blowing out. It creates a beautiful flow haha.

Back
Top Bottom