Gallery: Cases

Right, but if it's conductive, it has the potential to be corrosive. That is the end-goal - avoid corroded liquid blocks.

Ah. Okay. Is stuff not made with quality parts though? I mean, if you think about a car radiator, the liquid running through that would technically be conductive and corrosive over time, too, but you don't see people changing their antifreeze and radiator fittings all the time just for the heck of it...does it depend on the heat block and stuff or?

Thicker, more commercial build. The corrosion is very minor but you have to think about the design of the inside of a water block versus the very general design of a radiator in a car. There are very tiny notches inside a water block that expose more surface area to be cooled. It takes a VERY long time to completely erase one, but you can get more longevity and performance out of your block if it free of any corrosives.

Which is why I like the CPU-340 so much. It's got a really thermally conductive metal - Copper; fine coated with a really corrosion resistant metal - Nickel. Also keeps the Copper from oxidizing. The only better metal they could have used would be gold. But any heat would deform it.

I think I'm gonna re-do my loop and try to mount the radiator internally in the lower section. I want to make it look as sleek as I can, having the radiator sitting on top of the case isn't really accomplishing that haha.

Yeah...It kind of reminded me of some old gundam stuff. Nice rad boxes though. Can you get a picture of the entire side of your rig? A direct shot with the panel off so I can see the entire inside of the case?

Sure, I'll do that tonight when I get home from work. Another thing I was thinking about is mounting the radiator up top.

Do it like I did with mine. Personally I think it really bamf. Just mount the rad up top and secure the fans inside. I don't know what other fans you have in your rig so I can suggest to put the fans push or pull.

I've been thinking all day and I'm pretty set on mounting it inside the case. The rad-on-top look just isn't doing it for me. I'm also doing this to get a tube in the expansion slot area out of the way. When I had my 8800GTS 320MB it was pushing it down and that didn't fly with me.

The pre-existing 2x120MM exhaust at the top lines up with the radiator fan mounts, so I basically just need to cut the grille out and extend it to fit the third 120mm fan. The fans I have are:

1 Scythe S-Flex 1200 RPM
2 Thermalright S-FDB 1,000 RPM (S-Flex w/ different sticker basically)

new case
GetAttachment.jpg

GetAttachment1.jpg

GetAttachment4.jpg

lol i have no window so i didnt want to waste money i have them off during the day but on during the night

Back
Top Bottom