what did you get?

I got to work both Christmas eve and Christmas day. Thats about it. I'm grateful thought because I really need the Overtime Money :cool:

No way. What brand and model???? White's and Tesoro are the best in my opinion. But Minelab, Garrett, and Bounty Hunter aren't too bad either.

It's a Clarke. AFAIK, It's a UK only brand (I might be wrong, though!) The Model is MD1200. (https://www.sitebox.ltd.uk/product/clarke_4501210/md1200-semi-professional-metal-detector/) It's not a professional one or anything - There would be no point in that if it turned out that I didn't like it!

I've never operated a metal detector before, and I think that the Manual assumes that you know a bit about it...

What does "VLF, TR1 and TR2 mean? Infact, what does the Discrimination Setting discriminate against? And what does the Tuning Dial actually tune? I'm pretty confused :D

I got a 22" monitor, some winter gloves, and a couple of linux magazines which I needed. That was pretty much it for me. My Aunt and Uncle gave me a 1 year membership to AAA today which is wonderful.

20 inch monitor here.

I run at a resolution of 3040 by 900 now. :)

Btw... Said new monitor has a stuck pixel. Is there any way to fix it? It's only one thankfully, but it is a little annoying.

HA!! I'm so close to getting a new better computer than you now.

Heck, I don't care anymore :rolleyes:
Atleast I can play SOASE on maximum settings with no lag what-so-ever!
On my old computer, if I did that, I would smell smoke and then my computer would shut down and wouldn't be able to load the OS for the next 5 days.

My point? New HP > Old HP

Good enough :D

It's a Clarke. AFAIK, It's a UK only brand (I might be wrong, though!) The Model is MD1200. (https://www.sitebox.ltd.uk/product/clarke_4501210/md1200-semi-professional-metal-detector/) It's not a professional one or anything - There would be no point in that if it turned out that I didn't like it!

I've never operated a metal detector before, and I think that the Manual assumes that you know a bit about it...

What does "VLF, TR1 and TR2 mean? Infact, what does the Discrimination Setting discriminate against? And what does the Tuning Dial actually tune? I'm pretty confused :D

Ugh. Those detectors barely work. But they are what got me hooked in the first place so I guess it's cool.

Anyway, A few terms. VLF stands for very low frequency. These kinds of detectors are only good for find coins and some larger rings. Although it should find silver rings quite easily. And it sould hunt out some old silver pieces too. TR1 and TR2 stands for Transmit-Receive which is an all-metal mode of operation which means it will pick up almost everything if I remember correctly. And discrimination what the detector will knock out of detection. It starts at iron and as turn the dial more, the more stuff that you don't want will be rejected. It reject anything up to the size of a standard US zinc penny. It will never discriminate out larger pieces of silver or copper because those are often pieces of metal that you do want to find. Usually setting the discrimination knob from "10"-"noon" should work well.

Heck, I don't care anymore :rolleyes:
Atleast I can play SOASE on maximum settings with no lag what-so-ever!
On my old computer, if I did that, I would smell smoke and then my computer would shut down and wouldn't be able to load the OS for the next 5 days.

My point? New HP > Old HP

Good enough :D

well god for you then. You should register your game with impulse and create an impulse account so you can play online.

I got the Acer Aspire laptop 5739G, listed in my sig, tho i split the cost with my mum for it, so her gift to me was her part of the payments. Then about 50 quid in cash, Forza 3, some DVDs and CDs and a couple toiletry sets, but i have a big family and it's quite traditional to spend really big amongst us lot.

Back
Top Bottom