Random Chit Chat

I only have a 450w PSU and I don't feel like having to buy a PSU and GPU but mine can't handle much

I probably will do the psu upgrade and gpu the psu can always get reused in a future rig like I did with some parts from my old rig

I'm thinking I might try to build a homemade roof rack for the Chevy 1500. It doesnt need to be too fancy, its just to mount 4 fog lights on the roof basically. We have two on the front bumper, i just dont like the way they look. Besides, its go enough factory lights shining down low already, I want something up higher to throw a little light above the pavement. Depending how it turns out, maybe it'll carry my spare tire. The spare should be held underneath the box, but the steel cable that held it in place appears to be cut off... Also that setup sort of sucks for winter driving, as all the salt sprays up and rusts the spare rim. Anybody ever try such a project? I've never put a roof rack on any of my vehicles, how do you think the best way would be to fasten it on? I dont really want to drill any holes in the roof if it can be avoided...

I'm thinking I might try to build a homemade roof rack for the Chevy 1500. It doesnt need to be too fancy, its just to mount 4 fog lights on the roof basically. We have two on the front bumper, i just dont like the way they look. Besides, its go enough factory lights shining down low already, I want something up higher to throw a little light above the pavement. Depending how it turns out, maybe it'll carry my spare tire. The spare should be held underneath the box, but the steel cable that held it in place appears to be cut off... Also that setup sort of sucks for winter driving, as all the salt sprays up and rusts the spare rim. Anybody ever try such a project? I've never put a roof rack on any of my vehicles, how do you think the best way would be to fasten it on? I dont really want to drill any holes in the roof if it can be avoided...

There would be no other safe way to do it. Other than strapping it to the roof through the windows which would also be a bad option.

The problem with lights on the roof is legally they are considered off road lights because of the type of light and their location, and because they can easily blind a driver you can't use them on the road.

That said, most lifted pickups have their lights too high and nothing happens, but if the police are really pissed at you for whatever reason they can impound the lights or something like that.

As for the salt, do what I do. Go to a car wash, and wash the under body a lot. And make sure you spray the wax under there too. That helps keep salt off of it.

I fricking hate ipod everytime god damn time you format your comp and put itunes back on computer you go to plug your ipod in and u have to erase it and resync everything so i click restore it erases everything and doesn't always want to put the crap back on it without fighting me...pisses me off

and now i cant get it to do anything it says apple.com/support/ipod pofs

lol its dead now i have to get a new one...
i cant even have someone at the local apple store here look at it until i make an appointment prob do that tomorrow morning

Back
Top Bottom