Random Chit Chat

Long time, no chat. How's things been over here?
Good holiday season?

Things have been pretty good actually! Got back from camping yesterday (Will post photo's later) and it was great,30-40c days for about a week straight and then from christmas day onwards it has been about 18-25c every day,thats a welcome change!

You?

I don't like the way it looks, kind of looks like a cheap heatsink that is meant for a computer that is running 98 or me.

It looks pretty impressive to me,though it only looks like a lapped TRUE.

Had a nice christmas, gave way to a lovely new laptop. S-weet.

Weather's been really random over here, snow storms, blizzards, severe rain and random sunny days. Very interesting indeed.

Looking forward to getting some camping in before the end of the holidays and i've got A level exams (in Economics, Business studies, Electronics and Chemistry) in January that i'll need to revise for, that should be good fun, will have to dedicate a few days to it; PLUS if that's not enough i'm launching BlackBoxRadio properly in the new year. Busy Busy Busy

I feel like my rig is so old now compared to what is out there. it only seems like I built thing a few months ago. but it's been nearly 2.5 years now. Man where does time go.

The ram upgrade I got for Christmas does help a lot with performance.

I'm not sure what I want to do next upgrade something like video card or just wait a while longer and do a complete rebuild. The video card Idea would need a new psu as well unless I buy something crappy like a 9600GT or maybe a 9800GT

I can assure you the 9600GT is anything but "crappy". It's a pretty serious GPU. But not a terribly large upgrade over the 8600GTS.

And Remeniz, I can suggest the H50 only because it costs a pretty significant amount less than a normal loop. It's not feature rich (doesn't really need to be) and the block is on the low spectrum for liquid. However, it will still offer decent cooling. Liquid doesn't always offer lower temperatures, but more stability in its temperatures. High performance air can get down to 26C on idle, and some liquid might idle at 29C. But under load high performance air can get to what you see (~70C) and liquid would peak at maybe 55C. It's just a smaller range. The example I put here is between high performance air and low to mid liquid. high performance liquid normally has lower idles and an incredibly small range. Cabbs' LCS, for example, has a small range in operation.

Back
Top Bottom