Building a (extremely) Budget Gaming Pc

darwinz

Beta member
So ive been doing allot of research on building your own computer. I'm pretty strapped for cash and am looking to spend around 400 dollers possibly an extra hundred if i live off top ramen and free food from work for a couple weeks. I want a computer that will run sc ii diablo iii and the old republic when they are released at a playable level.(doesnt have to be beautiful). Allot of things ive read have told me that this is not possible. In the process of doing research i also came across this build

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2346482,00.asp

cpu :AMD Athlon X2 7850 Black Edition 2.8 dual core
Motherboard:Foxconn A7GM-S 2.0
Memory:Crucial 2x1GB DDR2-800
Graphics:Radeon HD 4770
Hard drive: Seagate 7200.11 160GB
Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc AD-7200S
Case +Power Supply: Cool Master 534+ Cool Master 460

first is there anything better than this build that you would suggest for this budget(400-500)? If not is there anything drastically wrong with useing a micro motherboard for gaming? can i use any ddr ram chipset in here as the one they have posted has risen from 30 to 90 dollars. if i had an extra hundred dollars to put into the graphics card what would i get that would fit this build? any answers would be helpful thank you so much for your time

HD5770 is very quick and pretty cheap - I don't know how much that card you were looking at its, but you can find 5770's on newegg for around 160-175.

Everything looks fine, but how much have you found these parts for? And what site/store will you be ordering from?

I'd recommend newegg.com. They usually have great prices and sales every now and then.

Re the graphics card, going with the new 5000 Radeon series like spook pointed out will do you good. It all depends on how much you're getting these parts for.

Everything looks fine, but how much have you found these parts for? And what site/store will you be ordering from?

I'd recommend newegg.com. They usually have great prices and sales every now and then.

Re the graphics card, going with the new 5000 Radeon series like spook pointed out will do you good. It all depends on how much you're getting these parts for.

I will be getting most of my stuff of newegg. with the acception of the motherboard wich im getting from another site off froogle because newegg is out of stock.Wanted to make sure that this graphics card was compatable im pretty sure its generally what you guys were talking about.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131326&cm_re=hd_5770-_-14-131-326-_-Product

Back
Top Bottom