Windows 7 automatic drivers question

thomas49th

In Runtime
Hi, I upgraded to windows 7 a while ago (oct), but only last week did I get the drivers working for my old Belkin wireless card (been using wire direct to router). I'm not really sure how this windows 7 automatic drivers work:

I had my belkin card and I connected to the internet with a wired connection, in the hope that windows will find drivers for it. I try go into device manager and right click on hardware and click update, but windows says it cannot find drivers. I tried using the generic ones (from the hardware vendor list) and they didn't work either. Then a few weeks later when I plugged in another device (a wireless N netgear WN111), windows found the drivers both for that device and my belkin (balloon tip pops up then if you click it you get a small windows pop up in the middle of the screen saying searching windows update or something)

So it works now, but when I come to reformat or install it on another pc, I'm going to have the same problem! Like so:

Now on another pc where I'm trying to get exactly the same card working, I cannot do what I did before (the netgear stick aswell) and thus I'm stuck without driver for the card! Windows cannot find any drivers for it online.

Windows 7 automatic drivers seems to be quite random... any ideas? It must be quite simple? Right?

Thanks
Thomas

it happened agian, after a few days I plugged the white netgear stick back into the new pc and it updated it and then found the belkin wireless drivers.

hmmm

Back
Top Bottom