Motherboard Replacement

Speaking of Nvidia, let me pick your brain on this one, recently I got a BSOD with a message saying that I had this ns4_disp file on a continuous loop error. Have you ever heard of an error like this? Yet another reason that is pushing me to do this build. I put an old video card I had in and it sucks but at least it works.

It rings a bell, but I don't know. Google showed up with a bunch of results for trojans. Perhaps that file is a key target for viruses?

Did you do a full removal of Nvidia Drivers and reinstall them?

I can't say that the file relates to Nvidia though.

Yeah I believe I did. I went into the "Add/Remove Programs" section and did a removal there. If that is not a full removal, let me know how to do a full removal and I will sure give it a shot. What is strange is I was away from my computer at the time and came back to that screen....???

Is there any monitor that you recommend?

That's a full removal afaik, and I've been doing this for quite some time.

I'm doing a series of searches on this issue. I'll come back here with whatever I can scrounge up.

As for the computer, I wouldn't go with anything less than an I5 build right now. MAYBE a PhenomII build, but Intel really has the market as far as CPU's go.

Do you have virus protection?

G, I truly appreciate all you have done!!! :D I'm about ready to seriously start ordering NOW! haha I've ordered most all my stuff from newegg in the past and won't hesitate to continue ordering from them. I figure with the OS and a monitor I should be at about $1,250.

Ahh. A small typing error. Did you mean n"V"4_Disp? or n"S"4_disp? They are both infact files and two different issues of their own.

Here's some promising looking info on the nv4_disp issue that seems to have symptoms equal to that of yours - the infamous BSOD.

http://www.christopherjason.com/personal-computing/nvidia-nv4disp-problem/

Really, it's a 5 step guide on how to do a removal and reinstall, so that didn't help much. Perhaps you should rollback. What card were you sporting that had the Nv4 issue?

As far as virus protection I have been using AVG. At a former place where I used to work several years back, our computer tech recommended it and I have been using it ever since. I tried avast before and some how ended up with a virus that either fried my mb or my HDD. I can't remember which it was though.

Most DEF the n"V"4 error!

The card was a geforce 6200.

Oh and I tried the rollback and it didn't work either. The card is only about a year or 2 old but I guess it could have gone bad.

Yep. AVG all the way.

I would suggest hunting Nvidia's website for older versions of their drivers. I have a 190.xx install package on my flash which isn't with me at the moment, but I would be happy to provide that to you if you can't find any others. It shows to be a compatibility issue due to Nvidia's generalization with GPU driver packages.

Which driver package did you reinstall? Do you remember the number?

I found the 190.38 version and am dl'ing it as we speak. I will give that a shot and see what happens. I did dl their 195 version right after the BSOD and that didn't help either. I do appologize in advance for some really dumb questions I'm sure to ask you in the future. Some of the stuff you mentioned in the downgraded built went right over my head. HAHA! I'm glad you guys here are willing to teach. I find computers extremely interesting.

Back
Top Bottom