u desk?

I really don't want to build one atm because I'd have to get my dad to help me, and he's been 'working' on my aquarium stand for a year now...
The U desk at office depot looked really nice so maybe I can use any Christmas money I get to buy it (I'm only like $75 short) because I couldnt find anything cheaper.

Unless of course I could find a nice L desk for under $150 so I could put 2 together. I agree that cheaping out isnt worth it here, as my current desk is about to implode on me.

Or you can just do what I did, although it would probably be easier in the spring/summer. anyway, what I did was build a desk.
I picked up some nice sanded wood from home depot, put a nice dark stain on them, put a clear coat on them a few times. Sand them down to smooth it out then put on the finishing finish.
(or you can just sand the clear coat between each coat what this does is smooth out the table)

Then I picked up a nice drill bit setup that allows me to make a perfect angle hole where I can drill to pieces of wood together. (it's really nice)

Now I have my desk against the wall so what I did is I took a 2x4 and drilled it to some of the studs in the wall.
Then I took the desk and put it over it. Then you can take some screws (get a dark color, usually come in a dark gun metal so it's all good) and drill the corners and the middle down to the 2x4.

Then I had some old rot iron legs that were all rusty and crap.
I sanded them down put some primer on them, then a coat of black spray paint.
They looked great! I put them on the front sides (where you arms are)
Then one on either side where the joints are.

Desk is shaped like this. Ignore the dashes "-".
Leg here >_______< leg on the joint here
----------|------|
Leg here >|------|< leg here

DSC00062.jpg

Got my at Ikea, they have good selections there :) Let me know if u need few more pics.

What did that one cost?
Also, how big are those monitors? I'm looking to be able to have FIVE monitors on it, 3 28 inch, and 2 16's plus my huge network printer.

I can double check the price, I don't remember now, but it was very affordable. The two monitors are 24". I think the eyefinity setup will work out just perfect on this table.

I can snap few more pics for you to get a full view.

Do what I did, Wait for more banks to close, Hah! Long story short I was in the right place at the right time when a Chase Bank location was cleaned out. I'll have to look at the tag under the desk, But the online tag is valued at $1,795. Large, Solid Executive desk, Looks brand new.

For something that is just U shaped without many drawers, etc, I would just build one. Fairly simple to do, and with lets say an Oak Top it would look nice. Most desks within that price range are merely particle board that usually show their age quite early.
Wow, very nice! How much did you have to put down for that?

Back
Top Bottom