Monitor, computer, video card, cable, or WORSE!? Please PLEASE help!?

computer_tech

Baseband Member
I recently had problems with my samsung monitor "owned maybe 2 years" Turned it on one day and then the blue power light would come on then start blinking. Then on the screen it would say please check cables. This was with a DVI cable hooked to my 8800gts video card. So I took my monitor to a friends who has a VGA cable setup and it did the exact same thing. So I'm pretty sure that the monitor is the problem.

OK... I decide to run to best buy "cant wait" and purchase me a new LG 19" monitor SWEEEET LOOKING! It also has both VGA and DVI connections. However if you know anything about the 8800 card it only has DVI. So using the same DVI cable I hooked everything up and when I powered on the red light on power was steady "blank screen" a few seconds later the light started blinking NOTHING!

So now I have ordered a DVI to VGA adapter to use my VGA cable that come with my new monitor to see if its possibly the cable.

ONE MORE THING JUST TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT... I even removed my 8800gts and put my old 7950gt in to try it same results. So could this possibly be more than the video card, cables, and monitor?

PLEASE HELP THIS IS KILLIN ME! And this build was not cheap at ALL! Running 3 years strong and she fails... :( I gave you all the information I have and I'm still waiting for my adapter so I'll let you tell me if you think this will work or should I dig deeper.

Back
Top Bottom