The 00s come to an end

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
Only 9 days left in the decade... wow, it's been quite the 10 years, especially in technology.

What's everyone's plans/general predictions (for the world;) ) in 2010-2019?

Wireless energy won't become as big as everyone thinks. In fact, we'll be lucky if it becomes the norm in rechargeable devices, never mind TVs and stuff that never gets moved.

I plan on having a big party in 2020.:D 2012 is just when the cycle of the Mayan calendar ends. It does not mean the end of the world.;)

That is a completely stupid myth. (Yes I know you are all making fun of it, but I'd like to make a point) Year 0 marks the birth of Christ and we have moved from there. The Mayan calendar ends in 2012 but Who's system is that 2012 based in? Islam was founded in what we consider as 631 or 632AD (right?) and is known as year 0 to them. So it's year 2640 or 2641for them? That would mean the end of the world happened quite a long time ago since we don't really know what year system the Mayan calendar follows. I sincerely doubt it was the Christian year system since they couldn't have known about Christians let alone what year it was for them. Hell, "2012" for the Mayans could have happened a LONG time ago.

That is a completely stupid myth. (Yes I know you are all making fun of it, but I'd like to make a point) Year 0 marks the birth of Christ and we have moved from there. The Mayan calendar ends in 2012 but Who's system is that 2012 based in? Islam was founded in what we consider as 631 or 632AD (right?) and is known as year 0 to them. So it's year 2640 or 2641for them? That would mean the end of the world happened quite a long time ago since we don't really know what year system the Mayan calendar follows. I sincerely doubt it was the Christian year system since they couldn't have known about Christians let alone what year it was for them. Hell, "2012" for the Mayans could have happened a LONG time ago.

I think you added, instead of subtracting to get the Islam equivalent (it starts in A.D., not B.C.). 2012 is not a year on the Mayan calendar, but the last year on the Mayan calendar (before it starts over) would be 2012 if you put it next to the calendar that we use.

Wireless energy won't become as big as everyone thinks. In fact, we'll be lucky if it becomes the norm in rechargeable devices, never mind TVs and stuff that never gets moved.

You sure? Because I think that if we could get a good distance to this wireless energy then it would be a new fad for the home theater systems.

No power wire that is, next it would be wireless speaker system built into the tv, etc. (not a bad idea now that I think about it lol....)

Back
Top Bottom