messed up with ocing

fastmark1993

Beta member
sorry if i do not post in the right section but i need some help reffering to ocing.

i have a pentium 4 3.06ghz processor, its asus or w/e its called. 1.5gigs of ram. geforce 7600gt 256mb for a graphics card and stock cooling. i was ocing last night, got it to run 3.79ghz stable going from 133mhz to 163mhz. so i decided to see what 173mhz would do but my + key got stuck and it went to 200 and me being a idiot hit enter. so the computer restarted and now it wont boot. the computer will turn on, all fans spin. but i get no picture. i tried using both my graphics card and the built in one. i have two harddrives, ones for storage and the other is my main with windows xp on it which was reformatted 2 days ago.
any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

faskmark

You need to do a BIOS reset. Usually there is a jumper labeled CMOS Reset or something similar on the motherboard. You might need the user's manual that came with your motherboard in order to locate the jumper and the instructions fro performing the reset.

ah alright ill see if i can find it, thank you for the help.

removed the cell battery for a while and it did the trick, running 4.06ghz stable from a stock 3.06ghz now. thanks for the help

if you need post up the model number on your mother board and one of us can look up how to reset the bios and post up instructions

Back
Top Bottom