Senate back in session; vote expected on health care bill

Maybe it's the Republicans not willing to compromise at all with the Democrats? Ever thought about that? :rolleyes:

Maybe it's because they disagree with the bill completely and the only way a lot of the people liberal or conservative will vote for this bill is if they are bought off. Ever thought about that? :rolleyes:

I'm just so sick of those little political snides he makes in almost every political thread. They add absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Oh get off your high horse. Wouldn't making that post make you a hypocrite? I don't really see how that post added to the discussion what so ever. At least not in a good way.

Now for the reason I opened this thread:
Looks like abortion will be a key issue in whether this bill passes completely.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34520328/ns/politics-the_new_york_times/

Maybe it's because they disagree with the bill completely and the only way a lot of the people liberal or conservative will vote for this bill is if they are bought off. Ever thought about that? :rolleyes:

No, if you know anything about the hardcore republicans its they will disagree with the dems because they are dems. The dems could introduce a manditory religion anti-abortion bill and they'd all vote against it.

Hardcore rights, yes. Same applies for hardcore lefts. I'm a moderate conservative and I can tell you, I tend to disagree with the democrats 75 to 80% of the time. They buy ATi, I buy Nvidia ;p

Ok, I'm not serious, but yeah. Both parties are guilty of disagreeing with the other's policy strictly because of which side of the political line they chose.

Ever heard of compromise? It's when you work aside your differences and work together to better this country. Just look at those who don't have health care. Ever think about that? Ever put yourself in their position?

Yet, we still have these Republican senators who are still butt-hurt over loosing election. As a result, they're determined to block every reform this administration makes. They want to make this look like a failed presidency.

Just sucks. The current bill is useless in its current state. It's just so neutered. Yet, Republicans still aren't satisfied.

...and why would they be? They all probably have the best health care plan in the world.

Oh get off your high horse. Wouldn't making that post make you a hypocrite?

How so?

I don't really see how that post added to the discussion what so ever. At least not in a good way.

How so?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34520328...ew_york_times/

You didn't open this thread, did you?

Ok, I'm not serious, but yeah. Both parties are guilty of disagreeing with the other's policy strictly because of which side of the political line they chose.

Amen. Doesn't matter which side you're on...politicians make the people that support them look bad, IMHO. It's why I don't support one side or the other. I try and support or back the people who don't make complete asses of themselves at the particular point in time. Bah. Politics is just so ridiculous. It's like claiming your old Pokemon was better than someone else's. That's how ridiculous it gets.

Ever heard of compromise? It's when you work aside your differences and work together to better this country. Just look at those who don't have health care. Ever think about that? Ever put yourself in their position?

Yet, we still have these Republican senators who are still butt-hurt over loosing election. As a result, they're determined to block every reform this administration makes. They want to make this look like a failed presidency.

Just sucks. The current bill is useless in its current state. It's just so neutered. Yet, Republicans still aren't satisfied.

...and why would they be? They all probably have the best health care plan in the world.

Well for starters I am in their shoes. I do not have health care. So yes I have put myself in "their" position.

Also, one does not "compromise" when they completely disagree with a bill.
Why would you try and tweak a bill so you like it just enough to pass instead of going back rewriting it a new way then bringing it back to be voted upon.

Oh, well of course. You make it sound like we have a bunch of eleven year old kids in there.

How so? You believe this post:

I'm just so sick of those little political snides he makes in almost every political thread. They add absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Has added to the discussion of this topic, in a GOOD way and is not just you bickering about another member of this forum?

Have I opened this thread, what? Ah.. dude, I'm posting in it.

______On topic______

Obama rejects criticism on health legislation:
President says 'every single criteria for reform I put forward is in this bill'
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34533255/ns/politics-washington_post/

Also, one does not "compromise" when they completely disagree with a bill.
Why would you try and tweak a bill so you like it just enough to pass instead of going back rewriting it a new way then bringing it back to be voted upon.

By the time it's completely rewritten to satisfy Republicans, it won't be a health care bill anymore.

Have I opened this thread, what? Ah.. dude, I'm posting in it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34520328...ew_york_times/

By the time it's completely rewritten to satisfy Republicans, it won't be a health care bill anymore.
That isn't and never could be exactly true. Yes I understand it's really just a rhetorical statement about republicans.

Ah I see now what you are getting at. You mean the fact that you started this thread to cover the fact that they were in a late night session.
But what you fail to notice or care to remember I'm not sure which; is that this thread has moved into an all around topic of the health care bill.

EDIT: I would also like to state that I came in with the intention to post that article just from reading the title of the thread. Once opened I read the first post and a number of the responding posts. Then began to start my post.

Also, why is it that you completely ignored my other comments and parts of my last post?

Back
Top Bottom