Losing Faith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisdafrizz

In Runtime
I think I'm losing mine? lol

Just wanted to see if there was any new non-believers out there?
By this i mean people who have recently lost faith, or just became either Agnostic or Atheist.
Lets share the expirience :]

Re: Loosing Faith?

Careful with what you bring to this thread. Threads on religion can be made possible if you respect others opinions on the issue as well. Any flaming or disrespectful replies and the thread will be closed.

I don't believe in religion. In my personal opinion, it is and always has been nothing more than a business to exploit human nature and make money.

I think I'm losing mine? lol

Just wanted to see if there was any new non-believers out there?
By this i mean people who have recently lost faith, or just became either Agnostic or Atheist.
Lets share the expirience :]

I can't really comment on this cause I've always been an Atheist.

What's changed your mind?

what is making you feel like losing you are falling from your faith?

@rohan, you can't say that... not all religions are the same and some don't even get anything out of it, there's a bunch of religions that do different things not all of them are out there as a business but i do agree with you that i feel as if SOME! are like that...

I was a "somewhat believer" for a little over 18 years. I believed someone was there watching us, I just didn't really believe all that the Bible said or what religion taught..

Now...

I am a very religious person. I believe in God, Jesus and the Bible. I go to church every Sunday and attend a college level Sunday school class. My church is an independent fundamental new testament Baptist church that despises abortion, gays, and political correctness just to name a few things.

What makes me sick is that we have recently had members leave because our pastor was preaching against being politically correct... Guess people can't handle the truth these days.

Happy Holidays? Pffft. I say Merry Christmas. And NO ONE will stop me. Even when I was only a partial believer, I hated the term Happy Holidays and the ONE person that said that to me was punched pretty hard for saying it.

I was a "somewhat believer" for a little over 18 years. I believed someone was there watching us, I just didn't really believe all that the Bible said or what religion taught..

Now...

I am a very religious person. I believe in God, Jesus and the Bible. I go to church every Sunday and attend a college level Sunday school class. My church is an independent fundamental new testament Baptist church that despises abortion, gays, and political correctness just to name a few things.

What makes me sick is that we have recently had members leave because our pastor was preaching against being politically correct... Guess people can't handle the truth these days.

Happy Holidays? Pffft. I say Merry Christmas. And NO ONE will stop me. Even when I was only a partial believer, I hated the term Happy Holidays and the ONE person that said that to me was punched pretty hard for saying it.
Amen! Merry CHRISTmas.

I have had my fair share of moments where I have questioned my faith. But, at the end of the day I will usually see the other side and remember that there must be a God.

Now...

You punched a guy for wishing you "Happy Holidays" ?? Wow, that really reinforces my belief that SOME of you religious people are freaking nuts. I really hope you were charged with assault, and if not I hope that guy found you and returned the favor twice as hard.

Happy Holidays

Considering I wasn't religious when this happened, don't factor religion in to it.

Well im 21 years old now, like Flightboy said about not really knowing that was my stance for a while till i was liek 18 then i got the courage to tell my parents i dont believe in things liek ressurection, or an all powerful god or virgin birth or noahs ark anything from the bible really especially how the earth was created. I was catholic but i never had faith and i as took classes iin college in history pre 245BC, and watched documentary films like the zeitgiest, and religulous also reading books from betrand russel and richard dawkins i realized what the truth was, i didnt know anything about the bible but what i was supposed to do and yeah thats really what moved me toward atheist stance.
Also when i began looking at people like Einstien who didnt know whether or not there was a god, just like many of the other philosophers and people from our past were not certain i honestly feel its because they didnt have the technology we do to research as quickly or have science as strong as we do to prove nature. Anyway yeah ive become an athiest recently and have been getting a lot of heat for it but im happy theres people like Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchensin, and sadly George Carlin who died and i call my idol in life.

Personally i feel that Creation was all there was in our past, it explained things to people about floods lightning, all the things we can explain now, pregnancy was a blessing from god, now we know its the embreyo and sperm . I feel it was what explained science and now no longer is necessary.

Thats just me tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom