Senate back in session; vote expected on health care bill

If I was buying marijuana, I'd rather buy it from a government regulated company rather than the gang member down by the street.

Actually, I was referring to the gangs part as the growers dealing with gangs is dangerous. Growers dealing selling markets and other larger companies would be much less dangerous than selling to gangs.

Actually, I'm saying the opposite--I'm agreeing with Grant. You are saying that people would want to go legit. I'm saying that if it was legal and taxed, people would not want to go legit because their prices will go up and they will lose money to large 'dope' chains (don't think there would be any though). Hence, consumers, wanting to save money, will still go to the basement pot grower (not legit) to get their marijuana cheaper.

1) Did you not read my post about alcohol?
2) I doubt Walmart is going to sell pot. :rolleyes:
3) People will do a lot to save money...riddle me this: wtf do people steal gum? Exactly my damn point. Many other points can be made if you need them.
4) Do you really think we're going to have fields upon fields of pot growing? So some f-tard can just come and steal it? Or are we going to barb/electric fence the fields and hire cops to protect them? Again, :rolleyes:.
5) No, most people probably would not want to be legit. Being legit is always more complicated than not. You've got a lot to deal with going legit. Under the table is pretty easy--you grow it, you sell it, you get money. Battabing, battaboom.

Bottom line here people, I'm not saying that I don't agree with you that in a PERFECT WORLD this would be a stupendous idea! But it's not a perfect world. There are and would be too many loopholes. There's absolutely no way that a tax on legal mary j. would eliminate the entire national debt in this country. Simple as that. Won't happen. As to whether or not they do end up legalizing it, I could care less--that's not where I'm coming from. I'm not one of those "ZOMG don't legalize WTFFFF!!! You are nuts!!!" people.

Ok, I don't know how many pot dealers you've talked to, but I've talked to a few and all indicated that they would much rather be legit and be able to relax a bit. And if you were correct, then why aren't people currently buying alcohol under the table to save a few bucks? Where can you even get alcohol under the table anymore? As far as the bargain pot shoppers you described, there are many, many people who are putting massive effort into the full decriminalization of pot just in this country alone. People who are more than willing to subject themselves to new taxes in order to have the freedom to enjoy a bong load or two in their own homes without worrying about Johnny Law knocking on their door.

I'm just so sick of those little political snides he makes in almost every political thread. They add absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Ok, I don't know how many pot dealers you've talked to, but I've talked to a few and all indicated that they would much rather be legit and be able to relax a bit. And if you were correct, then why aren't people currently buying alcohol under the table to save a few bucks? Where can you even get alcohol under the table anymore? As far as the bargain pot shoppers you described, there are many, many people who are putting massive effort into the full decriminalization of pot just in this country alone. People who are more than willing to subject themselves to new taxes in order to have the freedom to enjoy a bong load or two in their own homes without worrying about Johnny Law knocking on their door.

Why are you still bring alcohol into this. You're comparing apples to oranges, my friend. Again, did you even read my post above about alcohol? If you did, you would probably answer your own questions that you are asking me. I stated that alcohol is a lot more complicated to manufacture. It's not like growing a friggin plant (yes, I'm sure pot needs some tending, but the man power needed to run a pot operation is NOTHING compared to the man power need to bootleg frickin alcohol).

apples/oranges...

the examples are much the same.

and it's not closet growers that you have to watch out for. (who wants the smell home grown when some scientist has spliced THC with dark matter or some such stuff to create a strain of weed that get you stoned should you even be so fortunate as to catch a glimpse of it in the morning sun...

that aside... the alcohol argument is a good one.
it's perfectly legal to brew your own beer/wine etc
same as if pot was legalised i'd imagine it'd be perfectly OK to grow it...

what you have to clamp down on is those that grow it themselves, and then sell it.
or those that buy overseas and import it.

and there are already very well funded police units to deal with this exact kind of thing.

import cigarettes selling. import booze selling, grey import games selling, import DVD selling... home brew beer selling we call them customs and excise

they are there to ensure that duty is paid where due. and it would likely fall within their remit to make sure that people weren't homegrowing and selling...

home growing for personal use would be fine.
but most simply don't live in the correct climate to grow the stuff.
nor do most have the botanical knowledge to be able to decide between the male and female plants.
most people can't even keep a spider plant alive.

and last, but by no means least, most people simply don't have the space to grow that many drugs at home.

a single plant sat on your window ledge is not going to be enough.

most people will opt for the convenience of just going to a chemist or newsagent to get their drugs, just like they do now for cigarettes.

Back
Top Bottom