computer screen crashers

izac220606

Beta member
hoping someone can please help with my computer problem.
The problem is that the computer screen just crashes,the computer will still be running but will not repond to anything the only way to turn it back on and get the screen working again is at the main power( i know not good)
i have compleaty wiped windows and put new copy of xp a few day ago.

please tell me what info from my computer you will like and how to get it

i would be very thankful to anyone that can help thanks

So, just so we're clear you see something similar to the following:

post.jpg

Then

xp-startup-1.jpg

Then

black_scr.gif

Right?

If your using an old monitor, on a newer machine you can run into problems with the comp not being able to support the driver or the hardware. check the plug by the back of the computer, and also if it goes in the wall to make sure it's not bent or damaged in any way.

So, just so we're clear you see something similar to the following:

post.jpg

Then

xp-startup-1.jpg

Then

black_scr.gif

Right?

Did reinstalling Windows help, or does the problem persist?? By crashing, do you mean Windows hangs up?? IDK, but if you lack enough memory, Windows is unstable.

Sorry about the late response i do have the latest drivers,i get the computer loaded with no worrys .what happends is ok last night my girlfriend was on facebook after playing a game for about 2 mins the computer screen just turned off the computer is still running you can hear it but it wont repond to anythink it wont turn off or sleep using the keyboard or even holding the power button down for up to 20 secs on the computer i hace to turn it off at the power at the wall.

But if i seam to do easy things like web sites checking email,news its fine and will work fine all day it seams to be bigger progams doing it

hope that helps

Sorry about the late response i do have the latest drivers,i get the computer loaded with no worrys .what happends is ok last night my girlfriend was on facebook after playing a game for about 2 mins the computer screen just turned off the computer is still running you can hear it but it wont repond to anythink it wont turn off or sleep using the keyboard or even holding the power button down for up to 20 secs on the computer i hace to turn it off at the power at the wall.

But if i seam to do easy things like web sites checking email,news its fine and will work fine all day it seams to be bigger progams doing it

hope that helps

I'd say that sounds like it's overheating, but it's not turning off completely. Can you download some temp monitoring software such as Everest to see what kind of readings you might get?

I don't think that's the problem because it's not completely shutting down though. You don't ever get a BSOD?

Have you checked all the cables to make sure there secure and the video card is seated properly?

If you've done that try running Memtest 86. Download it and run that from the CD on boot. See if you get any type of memory errors. Again I don't think that's the problem because it should BSOD if it's memory.

Do you get any Bios Beep codes when it goes to a black screen?

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;995865 said:
I'd say that sounds like it's overheating, but it's not turning off completely. Can you download some temp monitoring software such as Everest to see what kind of readings you might get?

I don't think that's the problem because it's not completely shutting down though. You don't ever get a BSOD?

Have you checked all the cables to make sure there secure and the video card is seated properly?

If you've done that try running Memtest 86. Download it and run that from the CD on boot. See if you get any type of memory errors. Again I don't think that's the problem because it should BSOD if it's memory.

Do you get any Bios Beep codes when it goes to a black screen?

is there anything easy to try first i dont get anybeeps when it happens also the computer starts fine

I'd start with the cable check. Then the Temp check and trying MemTest after that.

Also check to see if something is set to auto hibernate. If it is set to go off then that would explain why need to hit the power button to return it. Go to control panel & select the power option. If it is set on anything but never that may be your problem. I guess I'd check this first.

I'd recommend downloading Malwarebytes Anti Malware and doing a full system scan to rule out any possibility's for a virus or something.

It's just weird that it goes black without any type of error's.

Back
Top Bottom