Best way to webcam pc to mac?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
I have a friend who may be getting a mac soon, and I use windows computers. What is the best way we can webcam back and forth between my pc and his mac? I currently use Windows Live Messenger and like it.

Yeah. From what I've been reading, I guess Skype would work ok. Another alternative I might do is use AIM on my pc end and he can use ichat on his mac and apparently that should work too. I tried skype not to long ago, and didn't like the video quality compared to windows live messenger.

My brother has a dell laptop and his girlfriend has a macbook pro. When they are away at school they use skype and they both say it works great for them. Just make sure to get a decent webcam is all.

There is no question about not using Skype. It is going to be free, no annoying advertisements pop up everywhere in you face like AIM, and it is process efficient so that when you are running it you won't have to worry about it bogging down your system. There are other alternatives out there such as direct port access but that requires static IP addresses and is much more confusing to setup. A nice little trip and a quick download is the simplest way to get the job done.

Back
Top Bottom