u desk?

foothead

Omnicide now.
so my current desk is a piece of pure epic fail and i need a new one really bad for my eyefinity setup (yes its finally gonna happen lol) so I've been looking at these U-shaped desks. Office Depot has one for $300 but that seems a bit high for a desk IMO so I was thinking of buying two L-shaped ones and putting them together so i have plenty of room for lots of monitors. This one looks OK for my uses but I can't figure out if the depth of the two halves of the desktop are the same so I could just put two together. Any ideas on how I can figure this out, or how I can do this better?
my current desk is only 42 inches wide so that means 2 monitors and they poke way off the sides, which is pretty annoying and it looks awful.

The multi-monitor desks i've seen cost $1000's.

I'd build my own. If you know someone who is good at welding then let them make a metal frame to your design, the middle where you sit then the sides at angles, and get the wood top cut-to-fit the frame. You can even have two tiers, the lower deeper tier for your keyboard, mouse, etc, and the higher tier for your monitors.

I just have a regular desk with a long table and a cedar chest w/ a bookshelf with my printer on it perpendicular to it.

Do what I did, Wait for more banks to close, Hah! Long story short I was in the right place at the right time when a Chase Bank location was cleaned out. I'll have to look at the tag under the desk, But the online tag is valued at $1,795. Large, Solid Executive desk, Looks brand new.

For something that is just U shaped without many drawers, etc, I would just build one. Fairly simple to do, and with lets say an Oak Top it would look nice. Most desks within that price range are merely particle board that usually show their age quite early.

For something that is just U shaped without many drawers, etc, I would just build one. Fairly simple to do, and with lets say an Oak Top it would look nice. Most desks within that price range are merely particle board that usually show their age quite early.

I agree. The laminate comes off easily and looks like poop.

Back
Top Bottom