External Hard Drive

Whyfly??

Daemon Poster
My dad wants to get one to save our photos etc.
How do these work? Would I just plug it in to my digital camera and just save the files onto it?
Then when wanting to see those files I would plug it into my comp's USB or eSATA port and would just a big list of files come up? Or would I have to install an OS or what?
How would this work?

I don't think you can direct transfer from camera to xHDD. You'll have to plug camera and xHDD into computer and then transfer them from the camera to the xHDD. Pretty simple procedure.

I don't think you can direct transfer from camera to xHDD. You'll have to plug camera and xHDD into computer and then transfer them from the camera to the xHDD. Pretty simple procedure.

Ok that makes sense, np.
But what about when I want to view them later on.
Do I just plug it in and a huge list of my stuff pops up?

Do you have a flash drive? Essentially, an external hard drive is just a really big one. You plug it in, turn it on, and all your stuff shows up in My Computer however you want to organize it.

Do you have a flash drive? Essentially, an external hard drive is just a really big one. You plug it in, turn it on, and all your stuff shows up in My Computer however you want to organize it.

Ohh Ok.
That's pretty cool.
I was thinking you need an OS or something :D

Back
Top Bottom