!!!Urgent PC Help Appreciated!!!

well, i was planning to unplug it from everything and connect it to the mains!

Doing what you mentioned seems a bit complicated for me, you know. looll

conn_atx_1.jpg

Heres the ATX motherboard connector. On this connector you'll find a green lead and many black leads.

Short the green to any black lead and the PSU fan should start to spin.

Easy :)

Thank you!

So, to make sure i understood: I unplug everything that the PS feeds, plug it to the mains power and press the On button switch on the back of the PS and short the green wire to the black ? how do i short them if they are inside the connector ?

Thank you!

So, to make sure i understood: I unplug everything that the PS feeds, plug it to the mains power and press the On button switch on the back of the PS and short the green wire to the black ?

Correct. The Green to the Black on the ATX connector.

how do i short them if they are inside the connector ?

Just like this...

jumper_wire.jpg

Also. See the connector that plugs into the CD/DVD drive? What state is that in?

I'll do that just to see what happens!

But i'll be going to the shop today to get a good 500W power supply anyway and see how the machine responds!

I'll keep you posted.

I'll do that just to see what happens!

But i'll be going to the shop today to get a good 500W power supply anyway and see how the machine responds!

I'll keep you posted.

Remember to leave the CD/DVD drive disconnected when you pop the new PSU in.

:)

I was looking around the shops in town, for a PSU from either corsair, antec etc.. and they don't have it.

The point is that i came to this guys shop i know, and we shorted the black to the green and the power supply seems to work fine. We got rid of one of the SATA connectors that melted.

* For sake of clarity; the melted SATA plug used to feed the cd/dvd drive.

So, it seems to me that the SATA connection heat up ''somehow'' and caused a shortcircuit.(?)

By ''Somehow'' i mean :

- Spikes/alterations in current from the mains.(?)
- The PSU causing that by itself. (?)
- Or a faulty cd/dvd drive. (?)

What's responsible here ??

Conclusion

I have cd/dvd drive that seems to be fryied.

A power supply in which a faulty SATA connector was removed and seems to work ok.

What would you do?

- Still get another power supply ?
- Try out the one (iSTARUSA TC-500 PD1) and if it works stick with it ?

Cheers pple!

Back
Top Bottom