I installed Windows 7 to seperate partitions on the same computer?

BooDog47

Baseband Member
I have two drives on this computer. The C and D drives. The C is my HDD and the D is my Recovery. I went with the custom install of Win7 and accidentally installed it to my D drive which only has about 10 gigs of memory. I didn't want it on the D partition so I reinstalled it to my C drive where I wanted it to go in the first place. How can I take it off of my D drive?

Drive D has 10 gigs of memory, of 10 gigs of space? ;)

The way that I'd personally do it would just be to format the thing!

Drive D has 10 gigs of memory, of 10 gigs of space? ;)

The way that I'd personally do it would just be to format the thing!

Well I think I probably would have done that but it has some folders and such that contain things that I think might be important. Some of these folders are the following: Dell, PerfLogs, Program Files, sources, Tools, Users, and Windows.

Taking a step back here, do you use the recovery partition? I don't often see the point of them - regular backups for anything you deem important should be in place anyway, and given that it does seem like a bit of a waste of space.

Taking a step back here, do you use the recovery partition? I don't often see the point of them - regular backups for anything you deem important should be in place anyway, and given that it does seem like a bit of a waste of space.

True, I didn't think of that. I guess a format would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom