Hard Drive

Thank you for all your help. I appreciate it so much. Thanks again.

I just ran into a problem. I can select it in the boot menu, but when I go to boot it says, "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND HIT ENTER". What could be the problem now?

The HDD from the laptop shows up in the Device Manager. That might mean something else. Just to let you all know.

The reason it says to insert system disk is because it has the drivers from the laptop on it. The only system it will boot on is the laptop. You might be better off to put it back into the laptop and use a thumb-drive to transfer the data that you need.

The thing is, I don't have the laptop anymore. The great people from Tiger Direct decided it would be a good idea to remove all thermal paste from the processor to help with the transfer of heat. :X So that wrecked the processor and the motherboard. So is there any way to still get the information off of it?

Putting the laptop HDD in an external USB enclosure would certainly make life a little easier... That way it just shows up like a thumb drive.

Go back to device manager and go click "Disk management"

Do you see your other hard drive in there? If so it may be conflicting with another drive letter. Change it by right clicking it and selecting "Change drive letter and path" Then check my computer and see if it shows up.

Back
Top Bottom