Gallery: Cases

It's definitely fun. It's a bit of a pita when you start running it in a mid case though; Get's crowded real quick.

hah. That beats me by a bit. What type of fittings are you sporting? Fluid?

Fittings are kind of a mixed bag of various 1/2" fittings. I want to move to compression fittings later on, but for now I'm gonna get rid of the crappy plastic clamps I'm running for worm drive clamps. The plastic ones are worthless IMO

Fluid=Distilled water+PT Nuke.

I prefer synthetics, myself. Distilled water becomes conductive very quickly. Then it becomes corrosive from picking up dust or particles of metal inside the blocks.

I prefer synthetics, myself. Distilled water becomes conductive very quickly. Then it becomes corrosive from picking up dust or particles of metal inside the blocks.

Hmm, I've heard that distilled water is the best way to go. I don't see why distilled water would become corrosive unless you mixed aluminum and copper, which is something you shouldn't do in the first place.

it picks up the tiny particles of metal dust inside the blocks from the manufacturing process. Synthetics have an easier time masking those particles. Now, the easy way to stop that is to run that distilled for a day or two with the pump on high to make sure it picks up those particles, drain the loop and refill with fresh distilled, de-ionized water.

I did a little researching and it seems like you're right. But I've also read that synthetic fluids will do the same thing over time and the differences are not significant.

Conductivity would only matter if you ended up with a leak, though, correct? I mean, it's a closed system isn't it? I've never water cooled before, but I'm assuming the water doesn't make direct contact with any electronic components. It's always Water | Heat block | Component. Right?

Conductivity would only matter if you ended up with a leak, though, correct? I mean, it's a closed system isn't it? I've never water cooled before, but I'm assuming the water doesn't make direct contact with any electronic components. It's always Water | Heat block | Component. Right?

That is correct. Liquid never actually touches the components themselves

then change it like you do your car oil.

Could, but I'm lazy. I do keep up on my oil changes though.

Right, but if it's conductive, it has the potential to be corrosive. That is the end-goal - avoid corroded liquid blocks.

Back
Top Bottom