Random Chit Chat

sometimes if you are in college the school has a deal where you can get copies of windows for free or really cheap.

My dad has a pirated version of xp on his computer because it came like that from the guy who built it. Now it gets really annoying with messages saying this copy of windows is not genuine at logon and randomly while using the computer. It really isn't worth pirating.

P1010133-1.jpg

:D

This is just temporarily. It's quite a nice upgrade, though.

My computer can't handle a card like that ATM the PSU will puke. I want to upgrade sometime though

Anybody know where to buy arcade stick parts? I don't like using a square gate, it's hard doing things like Shinku Hadouken on SFIV.

EDIT - NVM, I found a site. Anybody know if modding the restrictor on an Hori EX2 fighting stick needs soldering?

EDIT2- NVM, found my answer, now I just need to know where my dad placed his drill.

Dell needs better QC/Research. I've worked on two Dimension 8400s in the past 2 days and both had the EXACT same capacitor on the MB bulging. The other one (not this pic) was far worse, but not busted open yet.

34edwyg.jpg

man, nice GTS 250 EVGA!

i really wish EVGA would work with ATi...

an EVGA 5970 would be sick.

Furmark benchmarks Grant?
its probably a bit faster then my 4850

a Common cause for a bulging Cap is due to over voltage for the plates inside i believe.
probably a dying voltage regular

I bought a set of stickers for my PSP on ebay for $5.50, but it was shipped from Hong Kong, and it takes about 20 or so days to arrive here. Anyways, it's past 20 days and got my package today. However, I did not get the right one, I sent the seller the message, and got this as a reply.

Dear customer:
I am sorry for the mistake, do you like the transformer sticker you got, If you like, I can refund you 1USD for the mistake, if you still want the monster hunter sticker, would you please pay me 2USD, I will ship you the right one asap, and you can keep the one you got, which one you like? Or can you tell me your idea to solve the issue?;)

I don't know what I should do. I don't want to spend the extra $2 to get what I should have, nor do I want to keep the transformers and get $1 back. What do you guys suggest I should reply saying?

man, nice GTS 250 EVGA!

i really wish EVGA would work with ATi...

an EVGA 5970 would be sick.

Furmark benchmarks Grant?
its probably a bit faster then my 4850

I'll get some benchmarks for everyone. Furmark, 3d06, etc.

If Evga moved to ATi cards, they would dominate the market. I think they're doing just fine with Nvidia.

I'm still not happy with this card. It's just to hold me over until GT300 drops. And it appears that there will never be another GTX 260 C216 made by Evga, so I gave up on that. Same with the 295. They all just disappeared and are never coming back? :|

It needs work before it's ready to get serious with benching. Thermal compound swap, maybe some lapping on the block, things like that. Oh and I might brush the aluminum on the side, or chrome polish it. It looks awful stock.

Sort of what I expected. Not a terribly large boost in performance.

GTS250benchmark3d06.png

untitledFurmarkbenchingpre.png

Furmarkbenchingabouttofinish.png

Furmarkbenchingscore.png

This card heats up quick. I suppose it doesn't help I have absolutely no flow in my case right now :| I really need to get my side panel back on.

I bought a set of stickers for my PSP on ebay for $5.50, but it was shipped from Hong Kong, and it takes about 20 or so days to arrive here. Anyways, it's past 20 days and got my package today. However, I did not get the right one, I sent the seller the message, and got this as a reply.

I don't know what I should do. I don't want to spend the extra $2 to get what I should have, nor do I want to keep the transformers and get $1 back. What do you guys suggest I should reply saying?

Not to be a douche, but maybe you should just stop trying to buy accessories. Hasn't almost every order been an epic fail for you lately? Haha (I say that very light heartedly, Teny)

I would say that he needs to send you the new for no cost at all. Otherwise, tell him you'll contact eBay. You shouldn't pay for his mistake.

In other news, the post above about the 2 Dell's I've worked on:
This other Dim. 8400 has the EXACT same stick of RAM (except it's a 512MB stick and not a 256MB) that has failed. It's in the exact same spot (dual channel, slot 2) and the failed stick was causing the same exact problems as the other 8400 (when inserted, no boot unless you luck out, and when you do boot you get blue screens, also, normally when it doesn't beep you get the RAM beep code; and what's really whacky is when it was inserted in both 8400s, the CPU fan sounded like it was going to take off!). I really think Dell has some QC issues; I mean, a small town business like me and I coincidentally get TWO EXACT same computers two days in a row and they have the same problem. I feel for the other Dim. 8400 owners out there. It's why I've hated their guts for a long time and don't recommend them (or really any other manufacturer actually; I'd build my own anyday). Anyways, since they both have had bulged caps, I'm wondering if it is an overvoltage issue causing the stick to fail. Hmm. I guess time will only tell once we replace the RAM. It failed memtest in literally 30 seconds...so...that's saying something. I've never had ram fail that quickly. Hopefully the new RAM will last longer than a year if it is doomed to the same failure. Maybe I won't run it in dual channel and see if that one slot on the MB is the common denominator as per the problem...hmm.

Not to be a douche, but maybe you should just stop trying to buy accessories. Hasn't almost every order been an epic fail for you lately? Haha (I say that very light heartedly, Teny)

I would say that he needs to send you the new for no cost at all. Otherwise, tell him you'll contact eBay. You shouldn't pay for his mistake.

I wouldn't have bought much stuff if it wasn't for Chase, they make me make 5 transactions. This month, I bought a faceplate (first one didn't ship so I got a refund and went to another place), a sticker (sent me the wrong one), drum pads for rockband (took about a week to ship because of Paypal), an arcade stick (came a day early), and an invisible shield for my PSP (came when it was suppose to). The ones that didn't have any problems were from the places that are well known, like newegg and amazon. The sites I had problems with was the ones that aren't known and are out of the states.

I'll be sending a message to them that it's not right because I should have gotten what I should have gotten in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom