best cpu for the mobo

Dells all run BTX cases and boards now. Which is annoying because it's making most MB manufacturers want to switch to BTX which I think is an awful design.

And if the case supports ATX, it has to support mATX. The board has ATX lineup for the top and only 3 mounts less on the bottom.

not off topic, i answerd your question about the CPU

and we are now discussion mother board form factors, so you know if it will fit your case or not.

I would strongly recommend this TIM over anything else--especially over AS, which has a cure time. I researched a while ago and I believe this was a few degrees cooler on whatever test rig they used over AS. Tuniq is good, so I've heard, though as well.

As for your case, I don't really like Sunbeam, but cases are really personal purchases IMHO, so you can get what you want. Judging from what Grant explained, it should work for mATX, even though it's not stated. I forgot that the holes still line up...the board is just "shorter".

^ right.

Also, I suggest OCZ Freeze for Thermal Compound. It's really based on the surface you are applying. No compound is a panacea. You need to see the product or read reviews on what the typical surface is like from that product/manufacturer. Surface smoothness completely dictates what sort of compound you need - More or less viscosity.

^ right.

Also, I suggest OCZ Freeze for Thermal Compound. It's really based on the surface you are applying. No compound is a panacea. You need to see the product or read reviews on what the typical surface is like from that product/manufacturer. Surface smoothness completely dictates what sort of compound you need - More or less viscosity.

Yup yup. I usually suggest MX-2 to beginners because it's easy to use and very effective. I'd say it's got 'mid' level viscosity compared to others I have used before.

There is no "best". It's that way for almost every product/part inside a computer. There is never a best in general, but a best for the specific application. You really need to read an article that I'll give you the link to.

BenchMark Reviews 80-way Thermal Compound Test .

You should read all of it rather than click next 13 times to see what is "best"

Back
Top Bottom