New Rig Boot Issue

dvanwag

Beta member
OK, so I finally built my first system (specs posted below) and when I push the Power button the system starts up for a few seconds and then turns off. I have read the sticky about things to check before posting for advice and I went down the list but cannot still for the life of me figure out what the problem is (though I will admit that I am a Noob at this). I've checked all connections, tried different electrical sockets to start up from, etc.

The only other tidbits of information that others may find useful is that (1.) after I plug the computer in there is a single blue light on the motherboard, so I dont know if that indicates issues elswhere as they're are no other lights and (2.) when I hit the power button and the computer comes to life for a few seconds all the fans seem to function fine except for the ones on the CPU cooler. Also, the LED lights on the case light up as well.

My System:

Cooler Master HAF 932 Case
Intel Core i7 920 CPU
Artic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
Cooler Master Intel Core i7 Compatible Hyper N CPU Cooler
EVGA E758 X58 Motherboard
Sapphire Radeon HD 5770
OCZ Gold 6BG DDR3 1600 RAM
Rosewill Xtreme Series 950W PSU

I greatly appreciate any and all assistance!!!!

THANKS!!!!!!

You say that all the fans except the CPU blower spin?

Have you tried another fan on the CPU header?

EDIT: Ive just realised that the CPU cooler has two fans. Can the motherboard run two fans from one header?

No I havent tried using the stock cooler or any other one. The CPU Cooler I'm using has only one power cord for the two fans, is that what your referring too?

No I havent tried using the stock cooler or any other one. The CPU Cooler I'm using has only one power cord for the two fans, is that what your referring too?

Yea. Although that might not be the problem it could be worth just connecting a single fan to the CPU fan header to see if this cures the fault. And as long as the motherboard is receiving power the blue LED will remain lit.

Are you plugging the CPU fan into the correct fan header? It's located between the S/PDIF connector and the VRM heatsink.

Ensure that you use the stand-off's when mounting the motherboard to the chassis.

Just tried moving the CPU cooler's cord to another fan header and this time it activated during the "false start". It was originally in the fan header labeled CPU Cooler on the foldout that came with the MoBo. Not sure if that helps shine a bit more lite on this or not. Also, there was a long solid beep in the two seconds the computer was on during the false start. I did use the appropriate screw holders when installing the motherboard too, its not touching the case itself at all.

Do you know of anything else I could try?

Back
Top Bottom