Would like to buy a snowmobile...advice...?

So I have a friend that's got a '95 Arctic Cat Z440 for sale for like $1,000. He said he blew the left side 2 years ago so it's bored out (not sure how far over; didn't ask) but it's got new pistons (obviously), recoil, ski's and newer plugs (not a big deal). Seats trashed, he says. Also, it's carbed (plus for me).

Think I should check it out? $1,000 too much for this? I've seen some others (local) on Craigslist and its hard to find them running for under $1,500...hmm.

How reasonable are parts for older Cats like that? Decent in case my dumbass breaks something? :D haha.

How reasonable are parts for older Cats like that? Decent in case my dumbass breaks something? :D haha.
Well, hopefully you don't break the track because tracks for any snowmobile are expensive. But as far as the motor goes you should be fine there.

Oh, and remember too, they are 2 stroke motors so they take OIL AND GAS mixed.

Meh. I found out through some facebook stalking on the kid's profile that he beats it up pretty bad. I'm gunna pass on this one. I've seen a few in the paper, but prices are either going to be very firm or higher now because we got about 20"+ of snow on the ground with more to come. I'll probably wait til spring now to look again. I need a few things for my guitar/recording equipment anyways. Plus, I don't have taxes done yet, so I'm not sure what all I'll have to pay into that.

Thanks for all your help, though, guys. I'm sure I'll probably be back again if I have some questions. At least I know what to look for now.

Back
Top Bottom