overclocking amd athlon II x4 620 freezing

Your motherboard is responsible for the VDroop. The only thing you can do is continue to raise voltages or volt-mod it.

Download CPU-z and keep it open. There should be a box called VCore. There, it should say what the current voltage is. Write this number down. Then run Prime95/Orthos and and continue to watch that VCore box. Run the test for 10min and write the lowest number you see there. Subtract the second number from the first. That is your VDroop. A bad VDroop would be anything greater than .1V. For example, I have a horrible VDroop because mine is .13V.

Download CPU-z and keep it open. There should be a box called VCore. There, it should say what the current voltage is. Write this number down. Then run Prime95/Orthos and and continue to watch that VCore box. Run the test for 10min and write the lowest number you see there. Subtract the second number from the first. That is your VDroop. A bad VDroop would be anything greater than .1V. For example, I have a horrible VDroop because mine is .13V.

ok i did that my idle voltage was 1.353 the voltage running prime95 was fluctuating between 1.360 and 1.376, so from what your saying my voltage drop is less than 1/100th of a volt correct? this is also with my 620 overclocked to a a 2.8ghz and no voltage alteration

also overclocked to a 2.8 and no voltage modification the computer runs just fine and has not froze at all so im sure overclocking to a 3.0 should not be a problem once i figure out this freezing problem and get a different cpu cooler i should be able to get a lot more agressive with the overclock

Back
Top Bottom