i like the HD radio feature.

dont question what i have to say.
i refuse to buy apple products.
dont even think about it.

No way dont get any itouch
zune hd 64 / tech specs

Capacity1
64 gigabytes (GB)
Up to 16,000 songs, or 20 hours of high definition video from Zune Marketplace, or 96 hours of video optimized for device, or 25,000 pictures

Colors
Retail (Black), Zune Originals (Platinum, Black, Blue, Red, Green, Purple, Magenta)

Size and weight
Size: 52.7 mm x 102.1 mm x 8.9 mm (w x h x d)
Weight: 2.6 ounces (74 grams)

Battery
Music, up to 33 hours (wireless off); video, up to 8.5 hours2
Charge Time: Approximately three hours when connected to your PC; approximately two hours with A/C adapter

Screen
Size: 3.3-inch OLED color display, 16:9 aspect ratio
Type: Scratch-resistant glass with touch input capability
Orientation: Vertical (music) and horizontal (videos)
Resolution: 480 pixels x 272 pixels

Wireless
Connectivity: 802.11b/g compatible

Wireless sync
Yes
Connectivity: 802.11b/g compatible
Authentication modes: Open, WEP, WPA, and WPA2
Encryption modes: WEP 64- and 128-bit, TKIP, and AES

Audio support
Windows Media® Audio Standard3 (WMA) (.wma); Up to 384 Kbps; constant bit rate (CBR) and variable bit rate (VBR) up to 48-kHz sample rate; WMA Pro two channel up to 768 Kbps; CBR and VBR up to 48-kHz
WMA Lossless: two channel up to 768 kbps and 48-kHz
Advanced Audio Coding (AAC-LC) (.mp4, .m4a, .m4b); .m4a and .m4b files without FairPlay DRM up to 320 Kbps; CBR and VBR up to 48-kHz
MP3 (.mp3); Up to 320 Kbps; CBR and VBR up to 48-kHz

Picture support
JPEG (.jpg)

Video support
Windows Media Video (WMV) (.wmv); Main and Simple Profile, CBR or VBR, up to 10.0 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second); Advanced profile up to L2, 1280 pixels x 720 pixels up to 30 frames per second, CBR or VBR, up to 14.0 Mbps peak video bitrate;Zune software will transcode HD WMV files above stated capabilities at device sync
MPEG-4 (MP4/M4V) (.mp4) Part 2 video3; Simple Profile up to 4.0 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second); Zune software will transcode HD MPEG-4 files at device sync
H.264 video3; Baseline Profile + bframes, up to 10 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second);1280 pixels x 720 pixels up to 30 frames per second, up to level 3.1 and 14.0 Mbps peak video bitrate; Zune software will transcode HD WMV files above the stated capabilities at device sync
DVR-MS4; Zune software will transcode at time of sync

Audio output
Analog Audio Out; Optical Digital Audio Out (requires additional dock, sold separately)

Video output
HDMI or Composite (requires additional dock, sold separately)

Radio
Built-in FM/HD Radioâ„¢ receiver5

Included accessories
Headphones
Zune Sync Cable
Three pairs of foam earpiece covers

Ports
Connector port
3.5mm Headphone jack

Languages
English, French, Spanish

cool

Zune market place is where it is at for me.
I have ipods and zunes.
I love my ZUNE The digital subscription service is great. I would run my self broke on itunes.

There are very few songs I want that the market place doesn't offer. as long as i'm willing to pay 15 bucks a month I can listen to them all day long on three computers and 3 devices. Plus I get to keep 10 of them a month even if my subscription ends.

and i just realized this was an old post sigh.............

IMO, horrible. The main feature (supposedly) is HD video, so they use a crappy resolution and flash memory. Basically, you aren't getting hardly anything on it, even the highest capacity model.

We have a couple of Zunes, but not the HD model. They work great. Holds lots of songs and they seem the get good run time off a charge. Haven't really fiddled with any of the available music services with them though.

I'm thinking of trying the Zune pass. $15 for unlimited download and streaming, and in every month, you get to keep 10 songs.

The Zune HD is better than any previous Zunes IMO. They finally support Unicode, and added the equalizer thing back (though it's only presets). Then there's the browser, a scratch resistant screen (the same one on the cowon S9). Their new update for the HD allows Smart DJ, which is a thing that finds similar artists to your favorite artists. Also, 480x272 resolution (powered by nvidia tegra (said to compare to PSP)) is a great resolution for a screen of this size.
Overall, it's a big upgrade compared to my Zune 8, can't wait to get it.

We have a couple of Zunes, but not the HD model. They work great. Holds lots of songs and they seem the get good run time off a charge. Haven't really fiddled with any of the available music services with them though.

You should really try a Zune pass at least for 1 month. My wife talked me into trying it from recommendations of a friend of hers. I already had 120gb's of music etc. I told her that we wouldn't use it. I was wrong. I have been paying for the service now going on 2 years. However the Zune software is not the best. It has issues.

I haven't experienced any Zune software issues, except that sometimes it tells me the wrong amount of free space. I actually use my Zune software as my primary player on bother my PC.

Back
Top Bottom