Verizon phone water damage

toole13

In Runtime
So today my Verizon phone suffered some water damage, and now the keys don't work. It turns on and all but I can't navigate on it. It's sitting in a bowl of rice right now, I heard that helps to dry things out.

So if I bring my old phone to Verizon tomorrow, will they charge me to switch my number back to my old phone? And is there any way I can get out of my Verizon contract because my phone is dead? And does anyone know how much it costs to cancel my Verizon contract? It's a two year contract and it's about a year old.

Verizon Wireless has two Early Termination Fee's.

The First is for standard phones, which will put you under $175.

The second is for PDA style Smart phones, which will put you under $350. This was put into play I believe mid November of 2009.

When I was in to get my new phone/contract, they said the termination fee decreases $5/mo...so it's probably $60 less than whatever it was to begin with.

If you have it in rice, make sure the battery is pulled out too. Take all the casing you can off the phone.

Water damage is usually NOT covered. Termination fees do suck, but they have to make money on it some how if there losing a customer.
Anyway, I would make sure you don't get rice in tricky places.. I have found it can find it's way in to small areas.

Since the water sensing paper crap on the phone is probably blown you are probably screwed on trying to get a new one out of them.
The contracts as far as I know are pretty air tight, so good luck finding a way out.

Water damage is usually NOT covered. Termination fees do suck, but they have to make money on it some how if there losing a customer.
Anyway, I would make sure you don't get rice in tricky places.. I have found it can find it's way in to small areas.

Since the water sensing paper crap on the phone is probably blown you are probably screwed on trying to get a new one out of them.
The contracts as far as I know are pretty air tight, so good luck finding a way out.

Wonder if you can just feel one off another phone and replace or if you can buy some somewhere...:D

Back
Top Bottom