Random Chit Chat

Just ordered parts for my brothers Christmas computer. I went a little over the $500 budget but bing cashback should tkae care of that.
Specs are:
amd phenom x4 9750
xfx HD 5770 1gb
2 gb a data ddr2 800 MHz 5-5-5-12
wd blue 500gb
lg DVD burner
asrock 780g crossfire mobo but I don't remember the model no.
etorque aluminum case
an old 580 watt psi I have

think he'll like it? My mom is getting him a 26 inch monitor also.

how old of a PSU we talkin here?
dont give him an old one that is heavily used..

oh nice, i modded a fat for a friend once, and i realllly want one of those. Im surprised you could mod your 2006 as i figured it would have a T-89 or T-90 mobo in it.

i have a 2001 with the t-088 and i got lucky because my battery can be interchanged between pandora and normal without opening it again or using time machine.

when i change to a new case, im going to buy lots of protectors from it including a hard case and faceplate cover. Im also going to buy that holder that has a battery in it :D

I think I also got the TA-88, but they said my PSP can't make a pandora, however, I did made a pandora with a 1000 I use to own, so it doesn't bother me.

I should also consider changing into a new case besides just changing the faceplate, it seems like it might fit better. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being easy, 10 being hard), how hard is it to change the whole thing. IIRC, you need to take the whole internal PSP out just to change the back. I never changed the whole 2000 series before, but I did change the motherboard on the 1000s.

Are invisible shields reusable?
No.
Nuts.

EDIT - What does this mean?
Scheduled Delivery Date:
12/17/2009 (Updated)
12/18/2009 (Original)
Does that mean they are going to deliver to me a day early?

Ludlow, PA.
pretty much smack dab in the middle of the Allegheny National Forest. Got alot of lake effect snow from Lake Erie.
Ah, yea, we are out on the Keweenaw peninsula, Juts out into Lake Superior, so we get TONS of Lake Effect snow. Apparently, we get more snow here than anywhere easy of the Rocky Mountains. I hear walking around campus in February is like being a labyrinth cause the snow is piled so high on either side, lol.

I think I also got the TA-88, but they said my PSP can't make a pandora, however, I did made a pandora with a 1000 I use to own, so it doesn't bother me.

I should also consider changing into a new case besides just changing the faceplate, it seems like it might fit better. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being easy, 10 being hard), how hard is it to change the whole thing. IIRC, you need to take the whole internal PSP out just to change the back. I never changed the whole 2000 series before, but I did change the motherboard on the 1000s.

i think you got cheated about the pan dora, but o well, you got one to work, and if you had no experiance, it would be about a 8, its mostly remembering where to put things...i recently broke my umd door too, so now it wont stay shut, i have a few ideas on how to fix it though

Anyone here use microsoft security essentials? As of today I am moving all the computers in my house back to avg. I had MSE installed on all the computers in my house since I heard that it was pretty good and wasn't resource hungry but now on my sisters computer her credit card info was stolen and used on some gambling site. She does a lot of online shopping and seems to believe that I am at fault for installing "pirated" antivirus and therefire being at fault for the whole thing. [/RANT]

I tested it a few different av test files on it and only one ever got picked up.
I just want to know what everyone else here thinks of MSE

The only reason I ever moved away from avg was because of an issue where an AVG process that runs in the background used to randomly spike the cpu usage up to 100 and grind everything to a halt of the computer. However that was version 8.5 so I'm going to give 9.0 a shot.

i think you got cheated about the pan dora, but o well, you got one to work, and if you had no experiance, it would be about a 8, its mostly remembering where to put things...i recently broke my umd door too, so now it wont stay shut, i have a few ideas on how to fix it though

Yours can create a pandora right? I was always told that the TA-088 motherboards can't softmod batteries into pandora, they can only hard mod.
Shouldn't following a guide help you remember where to put them back together?

On the side note, looks like I am getting my package a day early, it arrived at commerce city today, so it should be out for delivery tomorrow, unless they plan on keeping it and shipping it out on the 18th.

On the side note, looks like I am getting my package a day early, it arrived at commerce city today, so it should be out for delivery tomorrow, unless they plan on keeping it and shipping it out on the 18th.

i know some delivery company's will hold it a day if its early, if you pay for 3 day shipping and it is ready to go out the 2nd day, they could hold it. Usually though its because the delivery van is to full so they stage it off to make more important time sensitive packages on.

Newegg chose the 3 Day select, but according to the tracking, UPS states
Scheduled Delivery Date:
12/17/2009 (Updated)
12/18/2009 (Original)
It would be the third day on the 12/18/2009, but since it showed me the updated date, I assume it's giving my package on the 17, but I guess we will see.

ya i see.

but you wouldnt know if it will be out for delivery till tomorrow morning since the trucks are loaded 3am-7am, depends if your local bed bath and beyond store wants to be a bitch and orders a bunch of poofy pillows ...lmfao..

been there done that, lol.

Back
Top Bottom