My first site for a client!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe everyone got mad at me that I didn "Officially" build the website. All I can say is, "Hey! If it makes me money, then do it!"

....Wow... Now if you had coded the site by hand... I would say that, the price is reasonable... Being that you used some bullshit program... You basically screwed your client(or at least in my eyes)... I would do something like that, without using a program in the matter of a few hours(if that), and probably half the price... Now a content management system coupled with that, would be more worth the price...
Though it does look good, it saddens me that so many people would actually accept money from a project that was done up through a damn program... Though... Your hosting... I would suggest learn to host for yourself... Much cheaper if you ask me lol... I host with my own home server, Linux of course lol...

<sarcasm>Yea, I'de never use an industry standard CMS like Drupal that is easy to upgrade and has decent security.</sarcasm>

Honestly, why does it matter how he implemented it? The fact that he did, and it *mostly* complies with industry standards, and has minimal errors is a great thing, especially for your first time.

Hosting servers on your home computer is not worth it for many reasons. If you ever get a large clientel... good luck managing that much stuff. I manage one large website on a dedicated server, and it it's a hand full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom