SSD Choice

bobo99

Beta member
Hey guys,

So i'm getting myself an SSD for xmas and would be willing to cough up the price for the Intel G2, however if there is something in the neighborhood with price and similar performance, the gskill falcon indlinix looks quite up to the task. What are everyone's suggestions?

Stick with the Intel. They have been getting rave reviews and they have been in the business for quit a long time.

Thanks guys.

Sniper, is there anything you'd recommend ?

If there is a drive that performs similarly for a couple bucks less, it wouldnt be an issue. (80 gigs)

according to the reviews the 130 onse dont quite perform as well as the 200 + onse. And I would need around 80gigs.

According to the reviews i'm thinking between the intel G2 and http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220447

According to the reviews intel is the way to go. The firmware updates and random deaths of the Patriot drives dont seem worth the extra writing speed.

80 gigs for what?
just use the 30Gb for your OS and files.
and the other hdd for your other things. use it as a slave.

i am just telling you that for what you will pay, you will be disappoint.

but to one and their own

i am just telling you that for what you will pay, you will be disappoint.

Not necessarily. What if he wants it for a laptop to keep himself safe from a drop and not looking for performance?

Back on topic now, I'd get either Intel, or OCZ.

OK i guess this was my mistake.. I didnt clarify enough where this is going into. It is going in my Sony Vaio Fw 140D laptop (4 gigs of ram, p8400 prcoessor 2.26 Ghz, ATI 3470), and windows 7 will be going on it. I would be mainly concerned with speed :). It stays home most of the time attached to two external monitors so, power usage and how many thousand feet i can drop it from doesnt matter to me ;)

However now that you guys mention it, the 80 gig size maybe be extra, especially for the price. Looking at my boot partition now its 47 gigs. Which I guess could be trimmed down to 32 ish by trimming the windows install and dumping the rest to an external drive.

So all in all, I guess my choice are being reduced in price and size :)
Could somone recommend the best performing drive that fits those needs ?

Back
Top Bottom