How have your views changed?

Political Standing:Not american but i would not really conform to one party or ideal some issues im liberal some im conservative if you wanna put party politics into this
View of Obama Changed:No
Voted For Obama:Not US so didnt vote but would have voted for him
Would you change your vote:No
Do you still think he is man for the job:Best of a bad bunch really thought he seemed more capable than mccain
For or against the war:Didnt agree at the time that we should be going to war with iraq , partially agreed with afghanistan
Should we pull the troops:Not now until the mission is complete to a satisfactory standard and we wont need to be entereing either countries again
Comments: Personally i think Obamma had it hard coming as the first black president and taking other from georgh bushes administration which i dont think was particularly well run . personally i think he needs to do the health care thing properly what he is doing at the moment is playing party politics and compromising on what he personally wants to keep everyone else happy and actually get things done .
In terms of the economy i dont think there is or was much he could do it was a global problem that was already too bad for a quick recovery when he took over , as someone else said some of the stimulus was already promised by the bush administration so his hands where pretty much tied there economic recovery isnt something that is going to happen overnight i feel its gonna take a while

*sigh* Some how I knew when I seen you had posted in here you had posted something like this.
I will try and write this with out starting an argument.
You really can't see any relation between what the family had said and with Obama, no relation at all?
You see no relation that the family was black and saying over and over again that "change was coming" to Obama?
Take note that the time frame was during the 2008 Elections.
You see no relation that most of the retaliation seen turning the 2008 Elections were from supports of Obama?

Once again. I do not mean, Obama could have changed the result of this situation. I do not mean he is the "cause" of this situation.
Again I am not racist I have many black friends, gay friends, and lesbian friends. I am a very open person like to see many aspects of each situation.
But you honestly see no relation what so ever?

Thanks for your contribute guys. I like to see the sides and opinions of others. I think it helps one remember "I'm not crazy this is really happening" type of thing.

In this case, we have a pretty crappy president. I am a firm believer that Bush was not a bad president. Yes towards the end and nearing the 2008 Election as well as the economy decline, he did make some bad moves.

But through out his second term he was ridiculed and hated. It's funny to watch and see how people who thought Obama was "change" are proven wrong.

Here is a little story for those interested.
My cousin who lives in South Carolina, owns his own land. Has an out standing job, pays his bills on time and has an enormous IQ. All around awesome individual. He was out walking his property (he likes the out doors, most of the family does) he noticed some people...
He became rather confused as to what the heck these people were doing on his land. They had literally driven off of a road and onto his land and proceeded to set up a camp.
This family approached him and proceeded to tell him how they were not going to move. That he had no right and change was coming.
My cousin being a hunter and a skilled marksmen had his pistol holstered under his over coat. He took the gentlemen away from the family to have a talk with him. He did nothing but put his hands on his hips as to show him "hey I am armed and this is my land". My cousin then told the man that change is coming for you and your family if you don't get off this property right now. If you come back I intend to use this.

The family packed up and started to leave as they all said change is coming.

Now here is a little fact. They family had happen to be black, and obvious Obama supporters. What the hell gave them the idea that this would be an okay thing for them to do?! Just because we were having a -HALF- black president means they can trespass and tell the owner to basically piss off?
Remember that I am not a racist.
I support Women rights, Gays, Lesbians, Blacks, Mexicans, Asians, etc.

I do not spend my free time reading up on the latest bills being presented to congress. But I have heard a lot of moaning on this Health care bill as well as the net neutrality. Which I have not heard about in a while.
I have noticed a lot of "odd coincidences" with Obama and his supported group members. For example the massive amounts of Acorn examples.
His advisers supporting communism, etc.

I have also notice a big number of news stations not showing a lot of information. Like the massive 9/12 project, was taken extremely lightly.

Don't you think a story as up to 1 million people marching to the while house and millions of people meeting in other places around the US. Would be a big story? They only news station that I am seeing does display the whole thing is FOX. Yet, I hear that Obama is attempting to suppress FOX and any News corp supporting them.

[/RANTessay]

So some of his advisers support communism , tell me whats bad with the theoretical ssystem of communism ?

so what you assuming all obamma supporters are black or all black people support obamma
They could have just meant that change was coming in economic terms and that your rich cousin was going to loose all of his land because of the economic problems so unless you have some conclusive proof they where obamma supporters i dont see how this relates , and even if you had some i dont see how its relevant that a presidential candidate is responsible for the actions of his supporters however if you would like to follow that line so would I and ask about the skinhead whites arrested for forming an assasination plot against obamma , what does having a half black president give them the right to form a plot to commit murder does it ??

Anyway way what your story actually showed was the usual same old opression story of the rich seemingly intelligent white land owner pushing around the poor black people with nowehere to live with threats of violence .So i would put it to you that your cousin isnt as you said an " All around awesome individual." after all

I believe Lao Tzu summed it up best: “Governing a large country is like frying a small fish. You spoil it with too much poking.”

Not old enough to vote. I don't know everything that's going on in our country, nor do I completely understand what I do know that's going on. So I'm just going to say what I feel, so feel free correct me if I don't have my facts straight.

Everybody has their own ideas, and Obama is no different. The only difference between your average joe and Obama is that he has the power to execute what he thinks is necessary to fix whatever it is that needs to be fixed (in this case, our economy). Of course not everybody is going to agree with what he does, but the fact of the matter is that there isn't a whole lot that people can do to stop him from executing his plan. Whether or not his plan will work...who knows. The only way to figure out whether it will work or not is to try your plan (after carefully analyzing and predicting the results of course, sometimes numbers can prove things wrong but the economy isn't as predictable as some may think). I don't necessarily agree everything with his ideas and views on what will solve our domestic (and international) issues, but I know for a fact that he has the potential to do something great (everybody does). No matter what, we are going to have to 'deal' with his policies until the next election, so we might as well make the best of it.

...lol I'm not completely sure what I was trying to say there honestly.

But how the hell did he get the Nobel Peace Prize for his so called "Call to Action"? I'm very disappointed with the committee who gave him the prize. You would think that he would actually have to execute his plan to become eligible, but they just gave him the award for saying what he plans on doing (which I guarantee you has changed since then). Give it to someone who actually did something to give positive change in the world, not to someone who simply plans on doing so.

So some of his advisers support communism , tell me whats bad with the theoretical ssystem of communism ?

so what you assuming all obamma supporters are black or all black people support obamma
They could have just meant that change was coming in economic terms and that your rich cousin was going to loose all of his land because of the economic problems so unless you have some conclusive proof they where obamma supporters i dont see how this relates , and even if you had some i dont see how its relevant that a presidential candidate is responsible for the actions of his supporters however if you would like to follow that line so would I and ask about the skinhead whites arrested for forming an assasination plot against obamma , what does having a half black president give them the right to form a plot to commit murder does it ??

Anyway way what your story actually showed was the usual same old opression story of the rich seemingly intelligent white land owner pushing around the poor black people with nowehere to live with threats of violence .So i would put it to you that your cousin isnt as you said an " All around awesome individual." after all

I don't think anyone here understand the term "rant" anymore, this is absolutely ridiculous.
Rant: "A rant or harangue is a speech or text that does not present a well-researched and calm argument; rather, it is typically an attack on an idea, a person or an institution, and very often lacks proven claims. Such attacks are usually personal attacks. Compare with a dialectic."
[Wiki]

For you to insult my cousin by saying he isn't an "All around awesome individual" with out knowing him is rather harsh and on his account I take offense. Your examples of "rich land owner pushing around poor black people" is just ridiculous. My cousin happens to be extremely intelligent and for that he is paid nicely at his job. He had people trespass on his property and he told them to get off. When they said no, he then used non-lethal and very human force to remove them. He COULD of called the police to remove them. Would you rather your "poor black family" get a fine?

You are right that family could have meant simply "change is coming in the economy" because people who camp with there family on anyone's grounds then proceed to tell the property owner "no" when they tell them to get off. Are always very well aware with the Stock trade and the economy. Yes very intelligent people they are indeed. Maybe we should ask them to be president in the next election!

Come on people you are taking a very simple rant and blowing it up into a rather large proportion and to go as far as to pretty much insult my family is just disgraceful.

Also maybe you should read up on Communism [Wiki]
Basically just by reading the very beginning it states. What's yours is mine whats mine is yours.
Feels like sharing and gives you a nice warm feeling inside right? So when I need cancer treatment I take it out of your cash. So you have less money.
But then you must take it from some where else because I took yours, when you come down with the flu and must stay in bed for a week. This is just one VERY simple example.

Basically just by reading the very beginning it states. What's yours is mine whats mine is yours.
Feels like sharing and gives you a nice warm feeling inside right? So when I need cancer treatment I take it out of your cash. So you have less money.
But then you must take it from some where else because I took yours, when you come down with the flu and must stay in bed for a week. This is just one VERY simple example.

Completely false and uneducated definition of communism.

I don't think anyone here understand the term "rant" anymore, this is absolutely ridiculous.
Rant: "A rant or harangue is a speech or text that does not present a well-researched and calm argument; rather, it is typically an attack on an idea, a person or an institution, and very often lacks proven claims. Such attacks are usually personal attacks. Compare with a dialectic."
[Wiki]

For you to insult my cousin by saying he isn't an "All around awesome individual" with out knowing him is rather harsh and on his account I take offense. Your examples of "rich land owner pushing around poor black people" is just ridiculous. My cousin happens to be extremely intelligent and for that he is paid nicely at his job. He had people trespass on his property and he told them to get off. When they said no, he then used non-lethal and very human force to remove them. He COULD of called the police to remove them. Would you rather your "poor black family" get a fine?
For me to say that your cousin isnt an "All around awesome individual" is an assumption i have made from the way you have presented him to us in your little story , as you are right i do not know him and so your little story is all the evidence i had when making that assumption

Wouldnt the more awsome and well rounded individual in that situation first try and ascertain why these poor people had to camp on your land maybe offer them some assistance maybe a hot meal before they get on their way or something along those lines , i am not religious in beliefs but some of the principles such as treat others as you would like to be treated wouldnt go amiss in todays society and i for one know if i was poor and didnt have anywhere to live id rather have land owners whose land i was unlawfully camping on try to assist me rather then tell me and my familly that we should essentially fuck off and die that is because i would like to think if i was in the position of the rich land owner i would like to think id try and help these people as best as i can . so yer he COULD have called the police , or he COULD have been a much better person and offered them some assistance

And what is your meaning behind eplaining that he is hard working and intelligent , thats like saying for the time the plantation owners during the slave trade where intelligent and where paid very well for this ,
You are right that family could have meant simply "change is coming in the economy" because people who camp with there family on anyone's grounds then proceed to tell the property owner "no" when they tell them to get off. Are always very well aware with the Stock trade and the economy. Yes very intelligent people they are indeed. Maybe we should ask them to be president in the next election!

Come on people you are taking a very simple rant and blowing it up into a rather large proportion and to go as far as to pretty much insult my family is just disgraceful.

Firstly thats a rather silly intepretation of communism you have there
its more like , whats yours is the states and whats mine is the states , so basically nobody can have more or less than another , but as you have already shown with the example of the land and your cousin this is probably something you wouldnt agree with or understand
How it actually works is ,
when you need cancer treatment its paid for by the state and when im ill with the flu thats paid for by the state , its like the system of NHS we have in the UK whereby everyone is entitled to free treatment at the point of care when they need it i see nothing wrong with that
Obviously in terms of wider economic policy it means a lot more but i wouldnt expect you to understand

It's posted all over the property.
How don't you see that story and the relation to Obama?
Not the cause that Obama could have changed it at all.
But the black family saying "change" is coming. During the 2008 Elections.
No of course it's not Obama's fault that was not stated anywhere in the story.
You are missing the point.
Did they have shirts and bumper stickers? You serious?
Your ignorance is insulting.

Also. I clearly stated "RANT" at the end of the post.

"MY" ingnorace? Ok. Whatever.

Completely false and uneducated definition of communism.
Like I said it was a quote "VERY" simple example.

For me to say that your cousin isnt an "All around awesome individual" is an assumption i have made from the way you have presented him to us in your little story , as you are right i do not know him and so your little story is all the evidence i had when making that assumption

Wouldnt the more awsome and well rounded individual in that situation first try and ascertain why these poor people had to camp on your land maybe offer them some assistance maybe a hot meal before they get on their way or something along those lines , i am not religious in beliefs but some of the principles such as treat others as you would like to be treated wouldnt go amiss in todays society and i for one know if i was poor and didnt have anywhere to live id rather have land owners whose land i was unlawfully camping on try to assist me rather then tell me and my familly that we should essentially fuck off and die that is because i would like to think if i was in the position of the rich land owner i would like to think id try and help these people as best as i can . so yer he COULD have called the police , or he COULD have been a much better person and offered them some assistance

And what is your meaning behind eplaining that he is hard working and intelligent , thats like saying for the time the plantation owners during the slave trade where intelligent and where paid very well for this ,

Firstly thats a rather silly intepretation of communism you have there
its more like , whats yours is the states and whats mine is the states , so basically nobody can have more or less than another , but as you have already shown with the example of the land and your cousin this is probably something you wouldnt agree with or understand
How it actually works is ,
when you need cancer treatment its paid for by the state and when im ill with the flu thats paid for by the state , its like the system of NHS we have in the UK whereby everyone is entitled to free treatment at the point of care when they need it i see nothing wrong with that
Obviously in terms of wider economic policy it means a lot more but i wouldnt expect you to understand

I don't remember even stating that they were poor Muz! They could have been rich (not likely) but they could have been. If you had some people driving their car on your back yard and start to setup a camp site fire and all.
You would not offer them a "hot meal" or a "place to stay" I don't care what the hell you tell me. No one does that. Especially after they repeatedly told my cousin "NO" when he asked them to remove themselves from his land.

"MY" ingnorace? Ok. Whatever.

FFS people it was a RANT! All three of you have ignored my rant statement in all of my followed posts!
Yes YOUR damn ignorance.

Figures some people would ruin a just fine political thread because the thread poster said one rant.

Close this god forsaken thread before these numskulls(not pertaining anyone in particular) get another chance to ignore the word "RANT".

We don't need to close it......we just need to drop this tangent. Just agree to disagree and move on.......

Back
Top Bottom