hard drive question

ringtemek

Daemon Poster
I have a computer with a 40 gig ide hard drive and i found 2 more hard drives but all the 3.25 bays are taken by the 40 gig hard drive and a floppy drive. Where could i fit these two hard drives. my mother board is a MSI P4MAM2-V

It looks like your motherboard can support up to 4 IDE devices, so there's no problem there. Now all you have to do is make sure you have another IDE cable, two more available power connectors (molex) and some extra room inside your case. I've run hard drives inside a case without properly mounting them and although it's not the best way to do it, it will work. What kind of case do you have?

If you have enough 5.25 bays to work with, I would just put the CD drive in the middle, stick one of HDDs on top of it and the other underneath. It won't be incredibly secure or anything, but it'll probably be ok if your case doesn't get bumped or moved. I've run HDDs literally standing on end and leaned up against the side of the case. As long as they don't move while operating and have some airflow around them it should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom