2 Monitors + TV?

Half Evil

Golden Master
This could very well be hardware or software related so it just can go here.

I have a 7600GT KO, and am currently running dual DVI monitors. It also has an S Video out, now.... how can I use BOTH monitors and also have the TV hooked up. The TV will be for any movies/shows I have on my computer, and wont ever actually be used for a screen with normal windows.

Any ideas? I know when I hook up my main TV Svideo out, I need to restart the computer for it to take effect, and unplug my monitors. So, what gives.... and what to do?

You don't want to use the S-Video out, it has terrible resolution, especially if you are connecting it to a large TV

thats what i have 47in tv with to monitors to the side
for the tv make sure you have a video card thats dvi and can support 1080p play back or dont even bother using the tv...(dvi to hdmi works great)
as for the other 2 monitors i have another gpu running them

I don't believe your card simultaneously have 3 different video outputs.
For that, you're either going to have to get a new ATi card and use EyeFinity. Which is designed for exactly what you're describing, or, I believe SLI can run 3 monitors, but I'm not sure on that.

Well, I will have to look into EyeFinity, because a SLi setup is out of the question.

esa, I dont plan on running a 1080p TV, just a small 19'' 720p.

Crabby, how new of a card am I going to need? I don't game on the computer anymore, so I don't need super highend.

why do u need sli?
you can use any two graphics card ati nvidia w/e combo theyll work
(you can use them at the same time for a game) but itll work fine for multi monitors

any card as long as you have the slot will work
most programs only support one gpu for work load at a time tho
all sli/cross fire does is make two or more cards one gpu
for multi monitor tho it doesnt matter at all though

any card as long as you have the slot will work
most programs only support one gpu for work load at a time tho
all sli/cross fire does is make two or more cards one gpu
for multi monitor tho it doesnt matter at all though
Makes perfect sense, thanks dude.

So, for the quality these will be at is HDMI needed or can I go with the cheaper cards....

Back
Top Bottom