How have your views changed?

Like I said, the president is just a figure to blame shit on. Our economy will collapse completely and totally eventually. The world economy will, unless everything is redone.

Can't have exponential growth in a finite environment, it's impossible.

Also, don't let anyone do you thinking for you. In the words of Mark Twain, "There are three types of lies; lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Our gov't once told us when coal was a hot commodity, we have enough Coal to power our nation for 500 years. And that we need to have a growth in coal production of aproximately 7% a year. Well at that rate, we would have used all known, and estimated unknown coal supplies in 40 years, not 500.

Basically, the numbers the gov't gives you are usually complete bull. Don't let them do your thinking for you, look around you.

To me, things seem MUCH better now than 6 months ago. Ford is doing great, Chrysler is off our hands, GM has a 50/50 chance of surviving, my updown portfolio of stocks(all common companies) has gone up to 1.6 mil from 1 mil about 6 months ago, bridges are being built everywhere, giving more construction jobs back and civil engineers. Things seem to be improving to me.

My opinions haven't changed since the beginning of Obama's campaign. I think he was the best option available. Whether he is effective or not, I can't say; that will be answered in 50 years or so. We can't evaluate "history" when it's in the making. I think he's definitely capable of making good choices, however, I also think that were he older, and in the ball game for longer, he would be better at going about the changes that need be made.

It's posted all over the property.
How don't you see that story and the relation to Obama?
Not the cause that Obama could have changed it at all.
But the black family saying "change" is coming. During the 2008 Elections.
No of course it's not Obama's fault that was not stated anywhere in the story.
You are missing the point.
Did they have shirts and bumper stickers? You serious?
Your ignorance is insulting.

What the hell are you smoking? How the hell does that relate to President Obama?

What the hell are you smoking? How the hell does that relate to President Obama?

*sigh* Some how I knew when I seen you had posted in here you had posted something like this.
I will try and write this with out starting an argument.
You really can't see any relation between what the family had said and with Obama, no relation at all?
You see no relation that the family was black and saying over and over again that "change was coming" to Obama?
Take note that the time frame was during the 2008 Elections.
You see no relation that most of the retaliation seen turning the 2008 Elections were from supports of Obama?

Once again. I do not mean, Obama could have changed the result of this situation. I do not mean he is the "cause" of this situation.
Again I am not racist I have many black friends, gay friends, and lesbian friends. I am a very open person like to see many aspects of each situation.
But you honestly see no relation what so ever?

I do not mean, Obama could have changed the result of this situation. I do not mean he is the "cause" of this situation.
Link or no link, if what you've said above is true I don't get how it's relevant in the slightest? That could've happened to anyone, in any situation, for any reason. Yes the guys were idiots, perhaps they were Obama supporters. Perhaps they were a random bunch of guys that liked the motto. Who knows, perhaps they were the same morons that decided it'd be fun to jump in front of my car to try and get run over the other day. But I don't see what the above point shows other than the fact that there's some morons and idiots in the world?

How about I try to steer the thread back into what it started as. This seems to happen with every political thread around here.

Political Standing: I'm neither Republican nor Democrat. Both parties pursue agendas that often aren't in the country's best interest, I don't like partisan politics when it affects everyday peoples lives. My political/social views are more conservative in nature though.

View of Obama Changed: Yeah, I think the man is an even bigger joke than before the election.

Voted For Obama: Oh hell no

Would you change your vote: No

Do you still think he is man for the job: No way, IMO the man doesn't have the experience to piss in a bucket, much less lead a nation.

For or against the war: Overall, for.

Should we pull the troops: When the mission is accomplished, as determined by the generals on the ground, not some arm chair wannabe generals in DC.

Comments: None really:)

Political Standing: None. Center Right (Moderate Conservative)
View of Obama Changed: No
Voted For Obama: Yes
Would you change your vote: No
Do you still think he is man for the job: Yes
For or against the war: Not sure....to tell the truth....
Should we pull the troops: Yes. It has gone on long enough. Let them work out the rest on their own.
Comments: Obama can't win for lose here. I have seen enough ITO presidencies in my life to realize that there is so much they cannot control. They are blamed for things, and given credit for things that they do not deserve. This economic climate we are in really started in Nov or Dec of 2006....and has spiraled downward ever since. The Obama administration will try this and try that, but in the end, things are just going to get worse before they get better. And it will probably cost him the next election. On the other hand....the Republicans may just put in someone that has no chance of winning to give him a second chance (Palin).

This conversation is frought with peril. Many forums will not allow threads such as this to exist. Animosity is created between individuals with different beliefs. So far...I have not seen anything like this in this thread. And kudos to all for that. Let's keep it that way and have a good discussion.

John.

Back
Top Bottom