Two video cards

oh man.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ASUS-PHYSX-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item3a54f962e5

Overpriced, and it's in the wrong country. The upside is that it looks quite useful. An extra 128MB of DDR3 and it's PCI.

Too outdated of technology for 160 dollars.

Thanks for the link, but I doubt I would ever pay more then $50 for one. The only game I know of that actually used it (not just as a gimmick, but in the game) is Mirrors Edge, and I've beaten that tons of times already. It's just that it's not a feature I would like to drop, and if I have the card, why not put it to use? ;)

Thank you for the incredibly informative post :confused:

he means that with a powerfull card as that one, that you really will not gain any performance advantage teaming it with a physics card.

a 5850 is just so fast that you really dont need physics.

hell even my 4850Maxs the new batman game. and it uses physics

My main reason I didn't want to shift to ATI is because of no Physx, but this solves all of my problems! Thanks a ton
I know that Nvidia is really pushing PhysX but I just don't think that is where the market is going. They have spent a lot pushing it onto everyone and they still only have one decent title out (Batman :D). Developers just don't seem to want to take it up unless they're offered a large incentive by NV.

he means that with a powerfull card as that one, that you really will not gain any performance advantage teaming it with a physics card.

a 5850 is just so fast that you really dont need physics.

hell even my 4850Maxs the new batman game. and it uses physics
I didn't know you could render physx in a card that didn't support it :confused:
I know that Nvidia is really pushing PhysX but I just don't think that is where the market is going. They have spent a lot pushing it onto everyone and they still only have one decent title out (Batman :D). Developers just don't seem to want to take it up unless they're offered a large incentive by NV.

Agreed, but I really enjoy the physics in games, and wish there was more of it. Just doesn't seem like it's going to happen though *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom