PC Positioning

bhstr99

Solid State Member
Hey
[Here is a paint image of how my desk is]
15655114.jpg

This is the case
acer_aspire_m3201_t.jpg

So basiacally do you think i should move my PC out and in the open so its stays cooler? or is it not worth the fuss?

My average temps are 45-50 degrees

Ty for your time!

with that case, its not a big deal, especially since your running OEM hardware, in the future though if you plan to upgrade you should move the case out of the desk to give it a little more room to breath

EDIT: Is it a closed in area or open and accessible at the front?

Personally I don't like the side fans. I've seen it's necessary on some machines that have that 'air duct' to direct air from the side fan to the CPU cooler. If it has this type of cooling then remove it and allow air to the side fan.

If your case has front and rear fans then it's fine where it is.

with that case, its not a big deal, especially since your running OEM hardware, in the future though if you plan to upgrade you should move the case out of the desk to give it a little more room to breath

EDIT: Is it a closed in area or open and accessible at the front?

There's like 30cm space above it, and like 15 at the back, and plenty [Like the whole room] at the front.

ah ok it will be fine there, but if you upgrade to a i7 or pheom x3 even, i would suggest moving the computer out of the desk.

If the back of the slot where you want to place the computer is enclosed then it would be best to either cut the back of the slot out or sit the computer up on your desk.
Here's the reason.
The front is unobstructed so it can pull air in. But with the back of the slot being enclosed, the hot exhaust has no where to go. Air flow drops to below a usable level and the system over heats.
It doesn't matter if it's prebuilt or a home brew system, it has to be able to breathe.
Besides, how where you going to run the cables?

Back
Top Bottom