Computer Problem

akim1220

Baseband Member
I took a couple of pictures and was ready to upload them to my computer. I plug in the USB cable into the camera (which is turned off) and then into the computer. Once I plug it into the computer I hear a click and it just shuts off. It is an HP so it has that blue light around the power button. Even though the comp was shut off, this light was still on. I tried holding down the power button but nothing happens. I think it may be the power supply but not sure. There is a green led that turns on whenever the power cable is plugged in. Any ideas on what the problem may be?

Hmmm...sounds like your power supply is no good. This happened to me with a HP as well. Just swap out the power supply and make sure it's well vented in the future.

You could try unplugging everything (ie you're motherboard, hard drives, floppy drive if you have one, etc.) and re-plug in each item individually. Start with your HDD. If it powers on then the motherboard is fuсked. If that doesn't work, plug in your motherboard and nothing else. See if anything shows up on the screen. If this works, then one of your drives are cactus. Just use the process of eliminiation!

If I disconnect everything and test one by one, how would I turn it on? For example, if I disconnect everything except for the CD Drive, how would I open it?

If it's not connected to the motherboard, then the power supply will automatically power whatever it is connected to by default. If it's connected to the motherboard, you will likely have to press the on/off switch to activate the power supply.

I checked the voltage from all the pins from the power supply and they look fine. How would Icheck if the mother board is bad?

"Look fine"? Did they power anything? It doesn't matter what the pins look like, the problem is likely a non user-servicable fuse inside the power supply.

Back
Top Bottom