trying to figure out can this laptop take a video card?

mm220051

Beta member
I just bought a HP Pavilion dv4-1427nr Entertainment Notebook PC amd turion x2 dual core mobile rm 75 2.20 ghz 8 gigs of ram. It has a video card ati radeon hd 3200 graphics but I google it and found out its not a video card it is on board video. Not as good as a video card. Can I upgrade this system buy a video card and install? Or how doI find out without opening the laptop up to actually see the motherboard and see if it has a slot?

LOL. Is this a joke? You can't put a video card in a laptop! You're stuck with the on-board graphics card. Please, use google images to see what an actual video card looks like, educate yourself a bit.

LOL. Is this a joke? You can't put a video card in a laptop! You're stuck with the on-board graphics card. Please, use google images to see what an actual video card looks like, educate yourself a bit.
JXiPlatform,
You need to switch to decafe.
A simple no would have been all that was needed.

agreed. But mm2005 to answer your question. No, reason being is because there is no pci-e slot available and the size is too large to fit in as a laptop. there are some "docking" devices that allow up to 128mb and whatnot.

in reality, to give you a handle on how big most next gen graphics cards are, they are in the norm to be between 8-13inches long. So there basically the same size as a laptops keyboard area lol

in reality, to give you a handle on how big most next gen graphics cards are, they are in the norm to be between 8-13inches long. So there basically the same size as a laptops keyboard area lol

ummmm I have had (2) dell xps laptops that had actual video cards and you can put them in. Then are flat and have 4 star bit spring screws and they are upgradeable but I was wondering for other laptops besides xps alien ware

This is an ancient thread.

uhh...I'm gonna go ahead and have to sort of...disagree with you there...uhh...yeah....[/LUMBERG]

Chances are, if the laptop has a IGP in the chipset, it does not have any sort of aftermarket graphics solutions available.
Plus, HP's are sort of "you get what you buy and nothing else". So, it's looking pretty grim in the way of options. The only ways to answer this would be to call HP techs or take it apart and see ;D.

Back
Top Bottom