sec(tan^-1(4/3))^2=25/9

You mean tan(4/3*pi)?

hmm, nvm, 4/3pi doesnt get me that answer.

I have no idea, I think that might be false.

It checks correctly.

The inverse tangent of 4/3, denoted as tan^-1(4/3), is equal to approximately .9273 radians. This value is a little less than pi/3. Then, when you take the square of the secant of that value, denoted by (sec(.9237))^2, you get 25/9. What that statement says is the following:

The square of the secant whose angle gives a slope of 4/3 is 25/9.

Remember that secant is 1/cos. Make sure to type all of the parenthesis correctly in your calculator.

It checks correctly.

The inverse tangent of 4/3, denoted as tan^-1(4/3), is equal to approximately .9273 radians. This value is a little less than pi/3. Then, when you take the square of the secant of that value, denoted by (sec(.9237))^2, you get 25/9. What that statement says is the following:

Remember that secant is 1/cos. Make sure to type all of the parenthesis correctly in your calculator.

I got the the problem by myself up until the "sec".
What is Secant?

EDIT: Google is my friend.

Hm. Okay so it's hypotenuse over adjacent. Alrighty.
Haven't learned that yet I only have worked with sin, tan, and cos.
and of course also the inverse of all of those.

It checks correctly.

tan(x)^-1 would be 1/tan(x) correct? And 1/tan(4/3) is not .9273....

Back
Top Bottom